Rolling spice

Started by I, July 24, 2005, 11:33:59 AM

How do you roll spice into cigarettes? I had some spice and a booklet of papers, but I couldn't do anything. I had a pinch of spice, is that the problem?
'm into the desert on a horse with no name
It feels good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can't remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

You need to use the Make command.  Hopefully one day it will be made possible to just 'use booklet pinch' in order to make the smoke, if it's not already.

> make smoke rolling pinch
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"You need to use the Make command.  Hopefully one day it will be made possible to just 'use booklet pinch' in order to make the smoke, if it's not already.

> make smoke rolling pinch

I suggest someone 'Idea' that in game.   You know.  The 'Use' or 'Craft' feature, and remove the 'make' feature.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

QuoteI suggest someone 'Idea' that in game

I nominate mansa.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

why cant it just be craft? everything else in the game is 'crafted' even when you cook food, whittle wood, sew clothes, etc etc
so why cant it just be 'craft papers spice into cigarette'???????
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Why? Why can't it?
Cuz it's not. Thats WHY.

Why -could- it, well it just needs to be added.
But hm...all crafting...craft...uses skills doesn't it?
Just needs to be coded with the command craft rather. But yup. Questions answered by first reply.
storrie: Stay out of the rinth. It is dangerous.
jstorrie: IC INFORMATION!~!
jstorrie: You will get ultrapk'd.
jstorrie: There are no buildings in the rinth. Everything is made out of tall, cloaked figures with knives. You will die.

You've been able to roll smokes for a LOT longer than we've had a crafting system.  It's a hold back to a simpler time.

That's why.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Or even change it to "make joint" or "make spliff" or "make bogey" or "make blunt" since you're not really making smoke. You have to light it first :) :) :)

Quote from: "Bestatte"Or even change it to "make joint" or "make spliff" or "make bogey" or "make blunt" since you're not really making smoke. You have to light it first :) :) :)

Many a smokers will say, "Can I bum a smoke off you?"  Therefore, I disagree with you, Bestatte.

And to repeat what Marc said:  The 'make' system has been in game longer than the 'crafting' system.  In fact, the 'make' system has been in game before stun was put in.  And, I'm sure, others will say it's been in game longer than Steinal.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one