Rangers

Started by Alnir, May 18, 2005, 04:39:47 PM

Shouldn't rangers have a -limited- ability with poisons? Especially low-powered ones, since they could use them to take down a target that they want for -skinning-, not eating. If it would be for eating, and they use the poison..Then, They would be poisoning themselves once they ate the meat. Just an idea.

They already do.

Quote from: "help ranger"Exceptional rangers are able to move silently and remain unseen in the wilderness, detect sounds from far away, work with poisons, and parry enemy blows.

..Boy..Am I retarded. Apologies all.

I forgive you.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Alnir"Then, They would be poisoning themselves once they ate the meat. Just an idea.

Not exactly.  First, it would depend on the poison in question, I'd imagine.  Second, while the poison might enter the creature's bloodstream in sufficient quantities to do it harm, I'd think it unlikely that most poisons would have time to build up in the muscles in sufficient concentrations to be able to do harm to someone who eats the meat (Especially since eating is also typically a fairly wasteful way to absorb a substance like a poison or a drug.)

Take the Kalahari bushmen.  They will hit a giraffe with a poisoned spear or arrow, then track it for days.  By examining properties of its droppings, they can determine if the poison is doing its work.  When the giraffe finally drops, mmm boy, that's GOOD eatin'.   :)