Just a reminder for new players

Started by Cuusardo, May 17, 2005, 12:58:15 PM

I am posting this because I seem to be seeing a rash of linkdead people standing around, as well as some who just walk into a room, go linkdead, and never reconnect.

In order to quit out of the game, you MUST go into a quit-safe room and type quit.  (You can test out a room to determine whether or not it is by typing "quit test" and it will tell you.)  Closing your client will NOT quit you out of the game, but instead leave you linkdead, and susceptible to be preyed upon by anybody or anything.  When you go linkdead, your character is still in the game, standing around, unresponsive.

The easiest place to quit out is inside of a tavern in one of the cities.  These rooms are typically described as sleeping areas, and are easy to find.  Should you have trouble finding one of these places, you can always ask IC where the sleeping commons are, or you can contact a helper to ask them OOCly about it.

If your PC is a member of a clan (a merchant or noble house for example) the clan will have a "sleeping area" inside its building that you can quit out in as well.

Quitting outdoors is a great deal trickier, unless your PC is a ranger.  Rangers can quit out just about anywhere in the wilderness.  If your PC is not a ranger, the best thing to do is to go to a city to quit out there.  There are some quit-safe rooms out in the wilderness, but they can be tricky to find.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I am posting this because I seem to be seeing a rash of linkdead people standing around, as well as some who just walk into a room, go linkdead, and never reconnect.

In order to quit out of the game, you MUST go into a quit-safe room and type quit.  (You can test out a room to determine whether or not it is by typing "quit test" and it will tell you.)  Closing your client will NOT quit you out of the game, but instead leave you linkdead, and susceptible to be preyed upon by anybody or anything.  When you go linkdead, your character is still in the game, standing around, unresponsive.

The easiest place to quit out is inside of a tavern in one of the cities.  These rooms are typically described as sleeping areas, and are easy to find.  Should you have trouble finding one of these places, you can always ask IC where the sleeping commons are, or you can contact a helper to ask them OOCly about it.

If your PC is a member of a clan (a merchant or noble house for example) the clan will have a "sleeping area" inside its building that you can quit out in as well.

Quitting outdoors is a great deal trickier, unless your PC is a ranger.  Rangers can quit out just about anywhere in the wilderness.  If your PC is not a ranger, the best thing to do is to go to a city to quit out there.  There are some quit-safe rooms out in the wilderness, but they can be tricky to find.

Heh. your being cruel to those who play pick pockets (not me !!!)
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."

I go linkdead because I believe my character should be attacked and killed at any moment and that logging out is an OOC concept that shouldn't be in the game.

I also believe that I should be able to fly because my character has wings and should be able to see in the dark because he lived in a cave his whole entire life.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"
I also believe that I should be able to fly because my character has wings and should be able to see in the dark because he lived in a cave his whole entire life.

I knew mansa played that character. Here I thought it was an immortal screwing around. Silly me.

Quote from: "mansa"I go linkdead because I believe my character should be attacked and killed at any moment and that logging out is an OOC concept that shouldn't be in the game.

So it IS you.. you ARE RATBAT!!!!
As the great German philosopher Fred Neechy once said:
   That which does not kill us is gonna wish it had because we're about to FedEx its sorry ass back to ***** Central where it came from. Or something like that."