Fletchery bug?

Started by Radioactive Age, February 13, 2005, 03:33:58 AM

I sat down for a few hours and forraged and crafted a total of 18 branches and I failed in my attempt to make an arrow shaft every single time.

Archer is my sub class.
I have the flechery skill.
However I can't made a single arrowshaft out of 18 branches?

It must be bugged. One of my older archer subclass characters made plenty of arrows no problem..........

Whats the deal?

Email the staff and give them as much information as you can (the name of the object you tried to craft the arrows from, for instance) and they'll look into it.

Making arrows isn't as easy as most people probably think.

I suggest that you consider editing your post, at least to remove your subguild and all.  Luck is a factor in any skill that you try to use, and sometimes it comes in streaks, too.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Have you spent time practicing before that 18 branch craft session? If not, your skill probably sucks so much that its easy to fail 18 times in row, especially with a string of bad luck mixed in.

I think what he means is that he's tried 18 different kinds of branches, and none of them allow him to make arrowshafts.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

You can only learn once every X amount of time...that X being determined by your wisdom.

You start off completely sucking at everything you do.

Now...you suck + you can't learn by cramming = don't expect to get good by spamming a skill any faster than if you take a break every so often.
-X-_

> sing (dancing around with a wand in one hand) Put that together and what do you got?  Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy, Ximminy Xamminy Xoo!

For some reason the crafts to make arrowshafts from agafari branches is really, really hard.  Even merchant characters (who are much better than sucky subclassers) who can make arrows flawlessly seem to fail 50% of the time when making arrowshafts that way.  I don't think it was always so, it's changed within the last year.

I find that to be the most frustrating thing about fletchery. Never seen anyone get any better than being able to pull it off half the time.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Call it bad roll of the die.

Be patient, and don't try so much. Give yourself a break after a few failures to think through your mistakes, and what you could do to make a better product.

Failing 18 times for a subclass is not a bug.. I believe most folks here saw their hunters/crafters failed numerous (10-50) times before being able to make their first arrowshaft.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Here's a wild idea...
Email the mud, and ask that someone take a look at your skills.
=P

I don't think its a bug. You've just experienced the painstakingly slow process of making Zalanthian arrows.

With that said, I still think the fletchery code needs some improvements. It is much too difficult to make a single arrow let alone a full quiver's worth from the new fletcher to the master fletcher.

Quote from: "ashyom"Here's a wild idea...
Email the mud, and ask that someone take a look at your skills.
=P