Nosave status in the prompt

Started by Kalden, February 10, 2005, 02:42:53 AM

The title says it all. Is this possible? Would it be difficult?

Even with my very limited experience of coding, I can confidently say that it should be very easy to add.
The question, I think, is will this mesh well with the prompt maximal string length?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

There's a max string length for prompts?  I thought I've seen some infobar tutorials that require a very long prompt to work (even if the client supresses the output).

Hrrrmmm, I like it. You idea this in game? Having nosave status -and- mercy status as options to add to your prompt is a good idea.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I did idea this in-game, but I wasn't sure if the staff even looks at those ideas regularly.  :P

I doubt prompt length is an issue, especially if you look at all the things that you can put into your prompt. Mine only has the essentials atm.

They look. A few weeks ago I idead something and nearly had a heart attack on my keyboard when 15 minutes later, if that, a particular staff member told me 4 thrillified words. "That's a good idea." The fact someone liked it, and even told me personally it was good had me all gloaty and smug after I got over the initial shock.

Back to topic.. I don't think mercy is all that useful for having in a prompt, if you're worried about killing someone, keep mercy on until you're sure you want them dead, then swap it to do the dirty deed. But Nosave would be a good one, definately.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Yeah, I've had typos and bug reports responded to only a few minutes after I made them. Startled the hell out of me the first couple times it happened. But they certainly do pay attention, it seems.

QuoteBack to topic.. I don't think mercy is all that useful for having in a prompt, if you're worried about killing someone, keep mercy on until you're sure you want them dead, then swap it to do the dirty deed. But Nosave would be a good one, definately.

The same could be said about nosave. Keep nosave on until you need to make a save...then turn it on.... :wink:

I am all for adding even more options to make my killing and not killing and getting killed and not getting killed because of twink circumstance that I could have avoided if I could have seen.

Which gives me an idea for an alias.

Mercy off

Prompt Mercy is off you fucktard>\n
Mercy off
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "jhunter"
QuoteBack to topic.. I don't think mercy is all that useful for having in a prompt, if you're worried about killing someone, keep mercy on until you're sure you want them dead, then swap it to do the dirty deed. But Nosave would be a good one, definately.

The same could be said about nosave. Keep nosave on until you need to make a save...then turn it on.... :wink:

Except a lot of times you might forget you need it turned a certain way to do something. Climbing comes to mind. Or, subdueing to a militia after getting crim-flagged. You need it on to do one, off to do another. If you're running from something and forget you've turned nosave off, and try to flee up a wall/cliff/something and fail a few times before recalling you need to switch it.. Could cost you a PC. Same with those scary, freakish NPC city militia. You do something naughty, and forget to turn your nosave off beforehand, get busted... In rushes Soldier! Tries to subdue and fail, then starts beating the stuffing out of you. First instinct is usually to pound out FLEE as fast as you can, before remembering to switch the nosave.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: "InsertCleverNameHere"
Quote from: "jhunter"

Except a lot of times you might forget you need it turned a certain way to do something. Climbing comes to mind. Or, subdueing to a militia after getting crim-flagged. You need it on to do one, off to do another. If you're running from something and forget you've turned nosave off, and try to flee up a wall/cliff/something and fail a few times before recalling you need to switch it.. Could cost you a PC. Same with those scary, freakish NPC city militia. You do something naughty, and forget to turn your nosave off beforehand, get busted... In rushes Soldier! Tries to subdue and fail, then starts beating the stuffing out of you. First instinct is usually to pound out FLEE as fast as you can, before remembering to switch the nosave.

Uhuh, and forgetting mercy can cost someone else a pc.

Exactly. That's why you leave mercy on until you decide to off them, like I said much earlier.  :wink:

And as I said earlier, same reason as nosave. So you don't forget.  :wink:

And as -I- said earlier... Well. *points up repeatedly then shuts up*  :wink:

Uhuh. Exactly. Both should be able to be added to prompt if one so chooses.