Bard Dances

Started by Dreamcatcher, November 22, 2004, 12:27:00 AM

Does anyone know of a reference for making dances and such?
IS there a certain format for performing?
if anyone has played a Bard or has any suggestions to help me please pm me!
thanks
heres bone dust in my throat and everything is dead, but it's alright.....

breakdance.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Bellydance :twisted:

Russian/gypsy dance.  Think, "Kalinka".

Quote from: "Dreamcatcher"Does anyone know of a reference for making dances and such?
IS there a certain format for performing?
if anyone has played a Bard or has any suggestions to help me please pm me!
thanks

Tapping his toe several times in front of him, the lanky, blonde-haired man
says in sirihish:
   "Put your right foot in..."

Tapping his toe several times behind him, the lanky, blonde-haired man says
in sirihish:
   "... put your right foot out..."

Twirling around slowly in a circle, the lanky, blonde-haired man says, in
sirihish:
   "... you put your right foot in and you shake it all about. You do the
hokey-pokey and you turn yourself around... that's what it's all about!"

Amongst a cheering crowd, the lanky, blonde-haired man raises his hand
in the air then glares at you.

Pointing at you, the lanky, blonde-haired man says, in sirihish:
   "You got served, b*tch!"

I would suggest finding a bard IC and speaking with him or her about dance.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I would suggest finding a bard IC and speaking with him or her about dance.

Hahahah, you're just all about repressing nearly IC questions tonight!

Reference:
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11515&highlight=

But onto the question... Cuusardo's on the right track. I think the best answers you will get will be found in game. Past that, just think up what you want to do in your mind, and try to describe it. I could see a solo-rp session where both you and your character work it out.

Seriously though, I think you should come up with your own. After all, it is YOUR RP. Be creative!
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

This is  just my opinion, but I always thought that Dancing on Zalanthas would be more of a tribal thing, more gypsy-esque. I wouldn't go with classic ball room style.  :wink:  However, it's all up to you. I like what other people have suggested.

Pick an idea in your head and describe it in a way that gives the reader a good idea of what is going on. Also I would recommend making it easy to read.  I find I enjoy performances that involve the PC's in the room and give a simple feel for the actions and reactions of the crowd better than the ones that take ten lines to describe the dips in pitch and the vibrato of someone's voice.  Also don't be shy to add a VNPC or two and if your PC is new to doing something, it's ok not be great at it.  To me charisma is what makes a good performance.

I always love the new bards that come out with these flawless performances. It's one thing if you are a part of a Circle. But it's ok to show flaws, nerves.. a missed step or a shaky voice. That stuff makes for good rp.

Also practice what you have written down a couple of times in game. Often you find that what you think is "the perfect emotes" need to be shortened because the code truncates them.  The Poets Circle would be a perfect place in the north. I am not sure where in the south, maybe outside the barrel??

Anyway, those are just my opinions on what makes for a good show. The Style can be something all your own. Most importantly.. have fun with it.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Dancing is just like crafting emotes or spellcasting emotes. You start out from scratch, every time you do it you add/remove/change something and every time it gets better. I had a drovian who danced in clubber/oriental style.. She started with simple hip swings and in time she was badass in dancing emotes before she died because of a stupid OOC reason.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Thanks guys, I've also been looking at websites about ancient and tribal dances.......but I cant tell ya what Im doing......Shhhhh :twisted: