Gone command usage

Started by cyberpatrol_735, November 19, 2004, 03:47:10 AM

Alright.. here's a short log, you know who you are.. I found this absolutely hillarious..

Guy sitting at your table is gone craft ramen water pot into hot ramen meal.

At your table, a woman says in english:
    "Something it is "

nod woman
You nod to her.

At your table, Guy says in english, giving a firm nod:
    "That works."

Guy is gone craft ramen water pot into hot ramen meal - seriously.

I found the gone statements funny and thought you might enjoy them.. what are the craziest ones you've seen?

Disclaimer: I removed ALL Ic info from this and changed all of the words, it was done in a private room and no-one saw besides the parties involved.[/i]
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

:arrow: gone idling shamelessly

:arrow: gone laughing (in a serious RP session involving one PC trying to kill another one)

:arrow: gone they're after me! (I never found what was -that- about)

:arrow: gone so that you can't see me

People use the gone command in funny moments from time to time. Thing is, if someone is gone (using the command) I walk in and try interacting with them... well, you all know the feeling. Of course this can happen if the person is disconnected or whatever, but I still believe it'd help if

a) People changed their ldesc to let us see what is their PC doing while they're idling (change ldesc is sitting on a cot, eyes half-closed)

b) Make the gone command give the PC a flag or something so that people see this person is afk/idling/whatever
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

It may seem funny to attach silly messages to 'gone', but those can be jarring and break the roleplaying atmosphere.

I'm all for humor, but using 'gone' and 'ooc' for laughs is often really obnoxious.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

i've seen...

gone to kick a baby
gone smoking a bowl
gone police knocking on my door

the most popular that i've seen is:

gone phone
gone nature calls
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

QuoteI'm all for humor, but using 'gone' and 'ooc' for laughs is often really obnoxious.

When it all comes down to it though, I'm here for OOC enjoyment (not my character's).  I think people who take this separation of IC and OOC too serously are going to miss out on some fun.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Oh I'm sure all of us are here for OOC enjoyment - and what I think we all have in common is enjoyment of roleplay.

I'm not trying to be a sourpuss, I just don't think we should encourage people  to go for knee-slapping zanerrific gone messages.

For example:

The tattooed raven-haired woman stares coldly at you while drawing a long ivory knife from her belt.

The imposing thick-browed half-giant, looming behind the tattooed raven-haired woman, cracks his knuckles loudly - the sound echoing off the stone walls of the bare chamber.

The tattoed raven-haired woman is gone - sorry I think the shi tzu got into my gummi worms!

The thick-browed half-giant oocs LOL!  Oh no!  Rescue them!
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

I remember once; I had to visit the bathroom urgently, but there was an invis mage speaking to me. So typed "gone or I would shit my chair" and rushed to the bathroom. When I came back, we went on where we left.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

gone to light the cat on fire

gone to be punished -- I am a bad monkey

gone dancing (would not have been as funny if this person had not been idle for hours)

gone to have sex you losers

gone to call an imm about this (no idea what "this" was or which imm)
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

gone breaking my fast, bitch

gone I require oral pleasure
 was, am, and always will be. That which dwells under the cast shadows; my Heart of Darkness.

Out of curiosity, what does it say when someone tries to interract with someone who is gone? Anything? Or is gone just like an announcement?
Amor Fati

Quote from: "flurry"Oh I'm sure all of us are here for OOC enjoyment - and what I think we all have in common is enjoyment of roleplay.

I'm not trying to be a sourpuss, I just don't think we should encourage people  to go for knee-slapping zanerrific gone messages.

For example:

The tattooed raven-haired woman stares coldly at you while drawing a long ivory knife from her belt.

The imposing thick-browed half-giant, looming behind the tattooed raven-haired woman, cracks his knuckles loudly - the sound echoing off the stone walls of the bare chamber.

The tattoed raven-haired woman is gone - sorry I think the shi tzu got into my gummi worms!

The thick-browed half-giant oocs LOL!  Oh no!  Rescue them!

I'd crack up if I saw that, Flurry. Sorry, just different opinions, here. I can slip in and out of character easy, so it doesn't bother me. I appreciate the humor. It's the frequency of OOC interrupts that bothers me. If i'm in and out of character, in and out, in and out, I might as well just be out of game.

a good one is:

gone fire!

I've had to do that before when my fire alarm went off due to my pot of water boiling. Yes, I have a fire alarm with an itchy trigger finger.

gone need more b33r.

but then sometimes I feel bad about being silly, and I'll do boring messages like:

gone be back in 10

and then I feel bad because i'm not even trying to be clever. -shrugs-

>gone to visit the land of flush toilets
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Funniest one I ever did was "gone minor ranch dressing emergency". By which I meant that I had dropped a bottle of ranch dressing on my kitchen floor, and had to clean up the mess before anyone else in the house discovered it.
Never saw any really funny ones myself, actually.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

gone i hate this fucking game and I hope a defiler drains the fucking life from your bodies

gone gotta eat a big plate of oysters

gone i have the runs

gone i have to go to bed...i've been up all night with the runs
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Quote from: "Anonymous"gone postal

That one made me chuckle.

One time I saw this scene
Quote>
The noble is gone for some tea
>
The aide is gone for some tea
>gone for some tea
I actually had to go get clothes off the line, but I couldn't break the continuance. I do wonder though, did the other two go for some tea?

here's some more I've seen.

gone down under.

gone so you can't find me!

gone pleaz don't attack me

gone forever, mwahahaha
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.