cross gendered MUD sexing

Started by sjanimal, November 17, 2004, 04:16:53 AM

If you MUDsexed someone and found out their real life gender was different from their character gender, how would you feel?

Excited.
2 (2.7%)
Indifferent.
43 (58.1%)
I'm not sure.
11 (14.9%)
Distressed.
18 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Voting closed: November 23, 2004, 04:16:53 AM

A recent Discussion about sex has got me back to wondering about something I've been meaning to ask.

Ya see, I've been thinking of making a female character.  In real life, I'm a dude.  

One real obvious problem results when you realized the statistical inevitability of bar life in Zalanthas.

Whether you're pretty or ugly, male or female...if you stand around in a bar in Zalanthas sooner or later someone is going to want to MUD sex you.  Boredom and real life horniness eventually take their toll.

Now, I like to think of myself as being 99% heterosexual, and I'm really confident about that fact.  So confident, in fact, that I'd be tempted to MUDsex anyone who hits on any of my characters irregardless of gender.  I don't get off on MUDsex anyways...I'm one of those weirdos who requires a live partner.  And I spend a lot of my real life free time hanging out in bondage parlors so...suffice it to say I'm real layed back about sex.  

And now I'm rambling.  So far I've held back from making a female character...because I feel concerned that people would be weirded out in real life if they found out they were involved in some kind of a cross gendered MUDsexing incident.  So I want to see, just how many of you would care?
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

I wouldn't really care.

As a semi-random and amusing side note, I (female) once played a male character that was hitting on a girl played by a guy.

I wouldn't care either way.

What someone does out of character, while something is happening in character is 100% not my concern.

I don't care if they're a psycho wearing the clothing of the opposite sex their portraying, singing lullabyes as they type away, it's OOC, and doesn't concern my character.

If my character is kanking a dude who's played by a girl oocly, that character is still a dude, regardless, so it matters 0 to me.

I've never really had 'Mud Sex' in all the time I have played Arm. Over a couple years now.... but if I did and if I found out it was a male on the other end, eh, so what? Im confident in my sexuality.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I clicked on Distressed but I mean Indifferent. Ic is IC
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Most of my characters' escapades are either fade emotes ("Noble unzips his trousers, does his thang, has a jolly good time, and rolls over and falls asleep, leaving you naked and messy.") or assumed to happen virtually when we're both logged out of the game.

On the occasion when both parties do RP it out, I don't really think all -that- much about who's on the other side of the character that mine is with. Once I RPed out intimacy between my female PC and another female PC, and learned after the fact that the other chick was played by a guy. This was - amusing to find out, but no, not disturbing, nor did it excite me. It was one of those "no shit?" things.

I really don't give a damn about *anything* relating to the player when I'm playing.  The only two things I ever try to take into consideration are Consent, and bad experiences if I somehow knew that Player X gets nasty flashbacks when someone says a very particular sentence.
No, I don't know of any such 'bad experiences', but I'd take them into account if I knew of any.

I do have to admit that I once kept one of my PCs from developing romantic interest in a female whose player was male, but that was an exception and bad play on my part.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Don't care at all.   Don't really want to know.  It's something that happens between PCs.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

It's a game.  I don't care.  I -know- I've mudsexxed males AND females.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

At that really matters is if the person is any good an portraying the gender they happen to be playing, male or female.  I've armasexxedup a couple of female PCs who were just...flat out boring.  Might have been males playing them, but I suspect not.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

I found out at the APM that my one and only lesbian lover was actually played by a guy.  Made me laugh.   :twisted:
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

I have to say... If you are worried about slipping into the wrong sex, I say don't be banging the players...  :shock:

so when two female pcs played by males are mudsexing, is it still hot?

my head hurts.
*pain*
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

Yeah... I think the vast majority of players have voiced the following opinion:

NOBODY CARES.  *grin*  If people DID have an issue with it, I'd be a little concerned.

-Dave
Mansa to Me: "You are a cancer to ArmageddonMUD."

The other pattern that the alleged female players have noted is that the majority of their lesbian experiences have actually been with a guy. Who says virtual worlds aren't an interesting psychology study? :oops:

*cues the pr0n music track*
Amor Fati

Quote from: "Comrade Canadia"If people DID have an issue with it, I'd be a little concerned.
So your a little concerned with 15 players?

Thanks everyone for participating.  I won't be making a female character any time soon...or rather I probably will, but will find an incredibly secure male player for her to be married too.  
No one has to be worried.

Thanks everyone for being honest, I'm certainly glad I asked first rather than just assume everyone would be okay with it.
'm helpful to noobs, ask me questions, totally noob friendly.

"Mail mud@ginka.armageddon.org if you think you've crashed the game."

--Nessalin

As I don't mudsex anymore I can't really contribute to it much, though during my dazzling, epic spree of pr0ntext, I honestly have to say I never really considered the possibility, or cared.

Not to derail, but jhunter, I'd really suggest playing a female PC if you haven't.  It's a terrific challenge, and I've found that the real women are almost always more than willing to help you act a bit more ladylike if you want to.

And why not play a woman who is just VERY picky?  Play for a while, get used to the skin you're wearing, and then attempt the romance schtick.  Or perhaps a woman who's so concerned with her physical condition that she'd never risk the complications that come with non-medically assisted pregnancies and births?  Later on, when you decide that maybe you're ready to tackle that hurdle as a player, your character can develop the desire as well.

I'd honestly suggest to any male player to play a female, and vice versa.  At least for me it provided some insight I'd not even considered before.

-End derail, please start a new thread if anyone really wants to discuss this side.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

QuoteNot to derail, but jhunter, I'd really suggest playing a female PC if you haven't. It's a terrific challenge, and I've found that the real women are almost always more than willing to help you act a bit more ladylike if you want to.

Huh?

Where'd this come from Malifaxis?
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

woke up hungover

Saw that I had left a job unfinished (half a bottle of soco 80)

Went to work.

It was meant for sjanimal, not jhunter.  Apologies.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.