Encouraging roleplay

Started by Mook, November 13, 2004, 03:17:39 PM

Quote from: "Delirium"To add a few opinions:

a) This is not a MUSH. This is a MUD. We will always need code. Abuse of code is bad. Code is not.

b) Emotes and thinks do not RP make.

think j00 sux0r hax0r!!1!!

emote does a triple-flip over %elf head and stabs sideways, slaying ~j00

c) In fact, a few of the most stellar RPers I've met - insofar as character depth, development, and consistancy - use emotes somewhat sparingly, but when they do, it definitely counts. How is this worse than someone that emotes and thinks every minute, but is shallow, repetitive, and perhaps downright twinkish?

d) How are you to discern which skill should be increased? It strikes me as difficult to ensure that the activity you're emoting is the one that gets the skill benefit.

What the boss said. That and if you want to get your skills up by emoting you can always
log your emotie training sessions and send them into the mud.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quoteespecially when other good roleplayers are involved.

Hence my comment. If you're just here to role-play your own character -and -could care less about how well others role-play around you, then you might as well start writing a novel.

QuoteNOT Dirr, he's practically for it.

I never said I was for the idea. I merely commended the author on a worthy attempt to encourage role-play.

Sa'alam
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.