Java Net Applet to play

Started by wizturbo, October 17, 2004, 08:38:38 AM

While the router is down, here is the link to a Java Applet (it blows big time but its something) that will enable you to play.  Let me say this again though, the applet is definitely crappy.

http://www.mudconnect.com/java/Telnet/

I can attest to the general suckitude of the applet.

If you just need to spam-craft a few items, then log off and join life, it's useable. I would definitely -not- recommend it for travel in dangerous places, or trying to keep track of your stun points while you use the Way. And I wouldn't even bother trying to RP any interaction with anyone else with it.  The thing gives you random blinking lines that'll give you a headache if you stare at it too long.

Solo-emoters, this is your chance to shine.

Well, its not THAT bad for me.  But combat or dangerous travel is most certainly out.  A busy taverns as well.  But a quiet conversation, or using the way from an apartment seems fine to me.

It may be crappy, but it's better than not being able to connect.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I can't even use "~" at this stupid applet. And also no "#". It is very useless at crowded taverns/conversations.  :(
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

~ works for me, but # doesn't.

I dunno, it's pretty bad, I'd rather use telnet, at least telnet doesn't shake and jitter like this does for me.

Ah well, it's useful for emergencies. thanks for the link.

To eliminate the flashing crap....

Go to the control panels and select your java web icon, it should be a little coffee cup with steam coming out of it.

Then turn it off as default for internet explorer.  Close all your web browser windows, then reenter the link I put up there and it should be fixed.  It still sucks as an applet, but its better when its not flashing like crazy.