I remember when we were a consistent top 10 mud on TMS

Started by sarahjc, October 15, 2004, 02:24:27 PM

Ugh.. we are number  11 again.  Vote! Vote Every Day!

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=sanvean
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Heck, I remember when we were a consistent #6, people.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

lazy fuckers. You want more players, this is the way for you lazy people to contribute.

NO EXCUSES.

:mrgreen:

Four of the first 10 on the TMS list are owned by the same company, which produces pay-to-play games that are populated by well over a thousand players. It isn't realistic to ask us to compete with that...so a post like this, saying that we used to be in the top 10, is kinda a non-issue.

The other games also have enormous player bases and again, we can't compete with them. I would say - that I wouldn't -want- to have an 800-player population here in Arm. The more people you have, the harder the staff works to keep everything in control - and the less time they have to spend on game improvements and other "important stuff."

While I would be tickled pink to see another 50-100 players (thus providing another 10-30 characters online at any given moment), I would probably see in Arm what happened to the other games I've played that had huge growth spurts of more than 50-100 - and that is a spiralling downturn of quality.

I say - let's be thankful as hell that we're NOT one of those massively-populated games, and just vote as usual, with the usual twice-monthly reminder, and try not to guilt us into voting more. We're doing our part, and other games are moving above us because they simply have more people to vote than we do.

I vote twice a day, and so does my husband!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "Bestatte"We're doing our part, and other games are moving above us because they simply have more people to vote than we do.

All I hear is excuses! TM

We were number seven.

That was us...:(
Veteran Newbie

I wouldn't want to be Mud #1 either.  But being in the top 10 does show others that an RPI can be so amazingly uber, that they can turn away from hack and slash....that....beyond the tunnel of darkness there is a light!  FIGHT FOR THAT LIGHT PEOPLE!  FIGHT FOR IT!!!! DONT GO QUIETLY INTO THE DARKNESS!

This inspirational message was brought to you by....5 hours of sleep.

Quote from: "Bestatte"We're doing our part, and other games are moving above us because they simply have more people to vote than we do.
Not necessarily more players it seems to me, but a more solid schedule on voting. TMC has a statistics page. Watching the daily gain of muds with a playerbase that doesn't seem larger than ours is quite impressing.
Quo
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

QuoteI vote twice a day, and so does my husband!

I may be mistaken; but doesn't the policy of TopMuds prohibit voting for the same game more than once every 24 hours?

Semper Pax,

Glorious

Quote from: "Anonymous"
QuoteI vote twice a day, and so does my husband!

I may be mistaken; but doesn't the policy of TopMuds prohibit voting for the same game more than once every 24 hours?

Semper Pax,

Glorious

It's like once every twelve or something I think.  And unless you switch ips and other schemes, its coded so you can't.
Veteran Newbie

When I started to play Arm, more then a year ago, Arm used to be ranked at 5th or 6th position... But in time we lost a couple of ranks and fell down to 8th or 9th position...

I think most of our players keep voting but seems that the other muds increased their player population more then Arm did through the last year...

I am almost sure that TMS has a policy, which lets you vote every 12 hours..
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
---------------------------
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

You can vote once every 12 hours at TopMUDSites; you can vote once every 24 hours at MUDConnector.

Voted!

From now on, every morning I will vote for Armageddon! Word! -- In fact, I will make this forum my home site, so I will not forgot to vote when I open my Mozilla.

I bought a  switch creating a home lan. It gets different IP for each slot..
8 votes each day from me..  :twisted:
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -MT

Quote from: "Gaare"I bought a  switch creating a home lan. It gets different IP for each slot..
8 votes each day from me..  :twisted:
Hmmmm, isn't it a different internal IP for each slot, but the same external IP? :) -- Go to http://www.whatismyip.com from each computer, and see the result.

Tsk...cheating.

;)...who am I kidding, like I care.
Veteran Newbie

We're #10 again but we're only ahead by one vote.  :shock:

TMS restarted.. We are at #10...
"A few warriors dare to challange me, if so one fewer."
"Train yourself to let go everything you fear to lose." Master Yoda
"A warrior does not let a friend face danger alone." Lt. Worf

Quote from: "Agent_137"Or at least don't admit it! Krath!

Why do you all accuse me of cheating.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.