Why I love Armageddon

Started by DustMight, October 12, 2004, 10:40:13 PM

Because it makes me feel.  Horror.  Love.  Pain.  Frustration.  Pity.  Anger.  All of it.  It's better than any book or movie that I've seen in that sense.  Last night I had a great time with a couple of very good RPers and it really was aweome.  I, myself, was left reeling in the emotional upheaval.  For a span of a few hours, I had been transported to another world.  

When my alarm rung too early, I managed to drag myself into work cursing myself for three hours of sleep.  My buddies complaining about their hang-overs and I was left to contemplate the torture and torment of living a part of my life in the Known World.  Heh.

Nice job, everyone.   :D

Hell yeah!

I've definitely been there.

HURRAY FOR ARMAGEDDON!

ARMAGEDDON SCHAUKELT SIE FÜR SICHERES!

when you call in to work to stare at a box with text scrolling past... :roll:

simply put, it's great. :twisted:
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Because you can be your own writer, director, and actor. Except the meddling producers (Imms/other PCs) are still around to foil your plans.

Armageddon has all the drama of a soap opera without being inane.

L'Armageddon, c'est chouette!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON CRACKAGGEDON
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Whoah...
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Now I have 'Crackageddon' stuck in my head to the tune of 'badgerbadgerbadgermushroommushroom'.

CRACKAGEDDON indeed 8)

Quo
Conina: "Rincewind, I've known you for an hour and I'm astonished you've lived even that long!"
Rincewind: "Yes, but I have, haven't I? I've got a sort of talent for it. Ask anyone. I'm an addict."
Conina: "Addicted to what?"
Rincewind: "Life. I got hooked on it at an early age and I don't want to give it up..."
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

Here is one. You save up all of your vacation time and only use it on rpt days, no matter how hectic things currently are at your job. Been there, still do that.
oodness, courage, and love is a song. In my travels I have learned one thing, evil creatures can not sing.  -Drizzt Do'Urden-

Quote from: "WhiteRanger"Here is one. You save up all of your vacation time and only use it on rpt days, no matter how hectic things currently are at your job. Been there, still do that.

Yeah, you faggot. You never use your vacation time to come see those that really matter like your RL FRIENDS!  :roll:

Oh, what fun our school days were together. =)

Armageddon truly was a great experience. We were just misunderstood.  :wink:

Looking over from the monitor to see the sun rising and the fear of god setting in as you desperately think of what excuse you'll be using to call in sick... :shock:

When I first started playing here and really got hooked, it was during my spring break back in 1997. I'd get up at 6am, login, and play until around 1am the following night/morning, then sleep a few hours, get up, and login again, and I spent my whole week that way.

Man, I had a sore butt :) The next thing they need to do is generate a code that responds to voice-activated commands, so when you need to
take a break from sitting and typing, you can just get up, walk around and talk into a microphone and still play.

(One can wish.)

S.K.
'm not defined by what I did in my past-
but who I am in the present,
and who I will be in my future.
I choose to be defined by integrity. -A.W.

Quote from: "Karianna"The next thing they need to do is generate a code that responds to voice-activated commands, so when you need to
take a break from sitting and typing, you can just get up, walk around and talk into a microphone and still play.

http://www.caere.com/naturallyspeaking/

say open-bracket laughing closing-bracket you can already do that period
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Windows xp has it built in.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Because I can be the deep, dark, evil person that I want to be in real life. :D
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

The part I love most about Armageddon is being able to fall into a large hole in the middle of the githlands with three great RPers and living to tell the tale. You three know who you are.  :wink:

(Stupid kanks)

-GF

I love playing a character for only a few RL months, maybe two, and having the arc of the story break my heart.   I just love it.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]