resting on mount

Started by onur, October 10, 2004, 06:09:44 AM

i dont know if it's been discussed or not....

While you are riding, especially you are sitting...
Considering that one has great rapport with beasts of burden, why dont he  gain movement points while mounted...

ps: It may be equal as sitting, not "resting"

First of all.... Onur? Turkish? Welcome :) As I said a few times before we Turkish people will swarm in and rule Zalanthas one day.
And about the idea.. You really need to ride a horse. I haven't ever, but heard from the people who did. They say it's tiring, not something resting you. And if even riding horses which are fairly well suitad to be mounted by a humanoid is uncomfortable, I guess a giant ant would not be comfortable, even tiring.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

*Whacks Cenghiz*

You did not read about history of Turkic people did you?

Anyway though, that is a special case.  So I agree, staying on top of a giant bug should not be like staying on a comfortable couch.
some of my posts are serious stuff

*counterwhacks Ghost*

Yea I read... Read "Bozkurtların Ölümü" which is a story of the Gokturks' daily routine.. The cavalries, scouts were tired after a long ride; from a village to another. And they were Turkish cavalries who learned to ride nearly before learning to talk and spent all life on a horse.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Riding a long time is not beneficial to wanting to walk a long ways, especially if it's over hard terrain like scrub and scrabble. Trust me, I'm Texan, and even if your an experienced rider, you'll still feel kinda sore after 12 hours of travel, for the same reason you feel sore after riding in a car for a long distance. Except worse.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

But, if the mount isnt moving, and is say, the size of an elephant, with a big comfy saddle, I could easily see how one could rest.
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

Quote from: "Bogre"Riding a long time is not beneficial to wanting to walk a long ways, especially if it's over hard terrain like scrub and scrabble. Trust me, I'm Texan, and even if your an experienced rider, you'll still feel kinda sore after 12 hours of travel, for the same reason you feel sore after riding in a car for a long distance. Except worse.

Man, you're perpetuating the stereo-type. Not all of us ride horses to work...

And just because I'm texan doesn' t mean I know how to get on and off a horse...well, ok, I do, and so do most of my friends...

Damnit, ok. fine.

I was going to say something like Agent said..

But then my brother left for a horseback riding lesson, and I remembered all the good times I had riding horses in boy scouts.

damn those stereotypes..
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)