Things Your Character Would Know to Assume...

Started by Naiona, October 06, 2004, 03:17:34 PM

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"I was being sarcastic. [...]
Just one more thing.  Don't stand up if you aren't prepared to be put back down.
Sarcastic you called yourself. Sarcazein - to tear flesh like dogs.
I don't think this board ist the place to "put (other contributers) back down". There's real human beings behind the other notes here, and their feelings are real, not virtual. It may please you to hurt their feelings, but I don't think it's helping anyone else.

wizturbo I think summed it up quite nicely, but why did this thread have to derail into player bashing?

Quo
code]
          .::7777::-.
         /:'////' `::>/|/
      .',  ||||   `/( e\
  -==~-'`-Xm````-mr' `-_\    Join the Save the Gurth campaign! [/code]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

PENIS ENVY

Give the asshole a break, Quo.  :cry:

Quote from: "My 2 sids"
Quote from: "Wizturbo"ROFL! This is actually true. I'm SUPER suspicious of nice people in Zalanthas, and I'm tempted to murder them quick before I find out they're "nice" sorcerors or mindbenders waiting to eat my children.

This kind of stuff makes absolutely no sense.  To derail this thread back to being about what your character would know, every character would probably know some nice people.

You misunderstood me.  My characters are not paranoid of nice people, just me as a player, I tend to wonder "I wonder what secret evil this seemingly nice fellow is hiding."

I, personally, like where this discussion is heading.  (Namely, because I objected for it to be archived right away)

It started out with a post about the hierarchy of the citystates, and how commoner characters should respect and fear the militia and the templarment.  Namely...things that you -should- know.

Then someone spoke about how people seem to have a backbone, so to say, and will fight back to the very last breath.  They will spit into the templars face and never give up.  I took it one step farther and called it the hero attribute.

Then it got shifted over to talk about how certain people always play the hero in this game o' fun called Armageddon.  That's alright, but it's not the well-rounded player that we should have for our 'goal' of this role-play/acting world that we live in.   People started saying how people would give up their character when their lives don't go the way they want them to.

Then someone switched back the subject about when it -is- a good time to retire a character, based off IC events.  It's good to retire when it's preventing you from logging in because it's like sticking forks in your eyes every time.

Then it slipped over to talk about how templars are pretty good role-players already, and they know the IC/OOC events that they cause, and how they aren't meant to PK people.  The templarment knows this.  They know that if they just went around killing everybody then there won't be anybody to play with.

Then it shifted over to talk about how someone died, and then we pounced on them because of one statement the victim said, which was, 'I don't understand why they killed me, I was so very nice!'

We started talking more about how some people are crazy in this game, and will be an enemy to you because of the wrong colour shoes you wear, (As Xamminy said)  We started to say that some people will -hate- your character for no reason or visible justification.

Then we slipped into talk about PKing and other stuff.  And people started saying snide comments and it's turning into something that should be locked down.  But I'd like to make one last comment.

I read a book by Frank Herbert, called The Dosadi Experiment.  I invision the planet where the Dosadi Experiment is being run to be the city of Allanak.  A million or more people in a tiny tiny space, where people are all crammed into tiny tiny rooms.  To have a space the size of a bachleor apartment would prove that you're a rich mofo, the city is so jammed pack.  I believe that when a population is suppressed, the citizens have to put out their angst in some form of energy, be that in riots, in wars, or in sex.  So, there is a lot of sex and baby makin' in Allanak.  Only the strongest and smartest survive the horrors of the black city.  Final Thought.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "mansa"Then it shifted over to talk about how someone died, and then we pounced on them because of one statement the victim said, which was, 'I don't understand why they killed me, I was so very nice!'

I resent that statement. My character was NOT NICE, nor did I consider myself a 'victim'. I was simply very dissatisfied with the OOC aspects of how something was handled by one templar. It is also frustrating to die totally out of the blue, within a city, without awareness of having broken any law, having pissed anyone off, and without the simplest clue why. I KNOW this is how it often goes, but it is still frustrating. With my other character deaths, I could at least see the why.

I'd like to encourage any potential killer to, if it is at all possible, throw the victim a bone before killing them. No need to reveal the story or plot behind their death, just a bone, maybe a short whisper before slitting their throat, so they wontnt have time to possibly tell anyone about it.

It might very much help the player feel their PC died to a reason, as opposed to total randomness or something their killer's player was OOCly pissed about.

I don't think Mansa's post was about you Akaramu..  I am pretty sure that he was just summing up a very long thread that covered a wide range of topics.  You were no more pointed out than anyone else in this thread, if you were fingered at all.

As for the rest, I think there was some good stuff here. I read through most of this. I think there should definitely be more fear about the big wigs in either city, and yeah.. they should be able to do what they want and that is why they should be feared.  Nor do I think that they really need to tell you why they have singled you out, I mean, do they really need to answer to your common filth PC?

However we don't see a lot of what the allanaki templars do, and we don't hear about it all that much either. I can think of one templar in recent history  that people were dead afraid of.. and why??

Cause he let some of his maiming victims go and he also lived a very long time. So he had a lot of victims.

I mean OK, you have a really good RP'er playing a templar.. a nasty son of a bitch templar, or just someone completely fucked in the head. . And now you have the rest of the player base.

I think that the people who spit in the face of the man tearing off your am are ridiculous.. You are not all William Wallis that will shout freedom on the executioners table as they cut out your entrails..   It's just not realistic.   And the worst thing I think is the people that either :

1. Don't Rp out the wounds that they receive properly
2. Retire the PC or suicide the PC right after, cause now you are never gonna get laid by that hot little F-me with only one hand.
3. Don't talk about what happened to them.

I don't think the problem is that the Templars aren't doing a kick ass job, at least the old ones did, I can't speak about the newer ones.  But that the players just don't show the fear and resentment that they should. Which is why I am all supporting of the original post.  People should not only know that they -should- be afraid, but live out why they -are- afraid.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."