App versus IC recruitment

Started by wizturbo, September 25, 2004, 05:55:49 AM

Which do you all think is better....

A)  Applying for a servant/aide position within a clan via email to a clan immortal.

or.....

B)  Being recruited IC, and starting from there.

Discussion is welcome.

Find out IC  :P

Recruitment should be done IG in my opinion. If there is no recruiter available, our Imms are announcing at GDB, so both ways are in use and I always prefer IG if it is possible. In addition, you can always find someone for servant/aide positions because most of Houses has at least a noble. :-)
Quote from: Sir DiealotHow 'bout, instead of stopping app special apps, because some people are morons, you just stop those accounts from Special Apping? It would stop the mongoloids from constantly bugging you...

Quote from: "wizturbo"A)  Applying for a servant/aide position within a clan via email to a clan immortal.

B)  Being recruited IC, and starting from there.

A servant/aide position, when special apped, will -never- be questioned by the ruling authorities.  You've special apped that your family loves and trusts house blah, so there's no real reason why you should screw over the house.  Your character's backgrounds are mostly written up already.  You don't have the freedom of rebellion, because you're past the adolescent stage of life.
It's nice, when you want to get stuff done for the house.  You don't have to worry about proving yourself...   You can become a high leadership position faster in time.  Probably within 3 months, or even at the start.

But B is much more... -risky-.  You're hired off the street.  You have no trusted background besides what you tell people.  I, as a leader, seriously can't check your background and call up the other places you've worked at, to realize that you are indeed the best worker in the joint.  I just think you're some bum who wants a cushy job.  You have to prove yourself to the leaders and to the clan, itself, before you can start making decisions for the clan and becomming a leadership position.  Sometimes that timeline will take 12 months, sometimes longer, and sometimes shorter.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I cannot speak for other clans, but special-apped commoners in either Borsail or the Arm of the Dragon are usually to fill a specific role with a very unusual background, such as a bastard noble or someone highly trained in a specific field.

If you want to get recruited in-game as a normal aide/servant/soldier with a background of having served Clan XXX for several generations, the 'background check' can easily be taken care of with emails to the staff.

Note - if your background includes references to any specific clan, it is always a good idea to email that clan IMM before making the character - even if it is not a special app.
brainz: it's what's for dinner.

If your character is respectable in game and has the proper training for what it is they want to get done within that certain house I'd say any position is possible but  I mean if your in a family noble house of course you won't get the same respect in a high level position as a family member would I don't care how many years you've been there just makes sense, but then again persuasive fly people might be able to work there magicks heh Just depends how you play your characters and work information and stuff around the game:) I've had characters come off the streets and make it into respectable positions or even become a person to go to in the streets from very respectable people so just how you work it again:)

Email me if you have any comments
rnix6@optonline.net