Books/Tomes and the like

Started by Amos, September 14, 2004, 08:42:59 PM

I've got a question regarding books and the like... Generally, who sells them? Are they sold to common wealth?

I am not sure, but I would doubt it, since it is illegal to read or write?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I'll try to provide some answers.

Commoners aren't allowed to read by law.
I don't know if -all- nobles can read/write.

as far as to where to find the things, I doubt there's a book shop, but if you ask your noble/templar buddies IG, they may be able to direct you to the best place to buy shit to write on and shit to write with.

Books are usually not sold to the common population, but if you need one then look for it IC.

Like mentioned above, however, keep note that knowing how to read and write is illegal for commoners, and is considered a form of treason.

This does not mean that sketching and painting are illegal, however, and cartography is also allowed.  Because of this, scrolls and pieces of paper are available for anyone who wishes to buy them.  Just look or ask around.

NOTE:
You will not be able to codedly use a writing object (paper, not a pen) without an ability to actually write in language.  Don't let this discourage you, though, and if the paper is significant enough (a map, for instance, or a painting that will go on display), you can always submit the item.  Otherwise, pretending that something is there works just as well.

A writing object, when 'viewed', will mention something about being blank or having pages, and I don't view this as IC information because even a length of linen or silk, in theory, could be able to hold writing.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?