New players

Started by Gargath, September 08, 2004, 12:03:50 AM

We seem to have a lot of new players, welcome to Armageddon!
Please be sure to read through the wealth of information at www.armageddon.org
A lot of people seem to be jumping in without reading anything at all, please note that this is a RPI mud with the main focus on role play.

Thanks, and again, welcome to Armageddon!
Gargath, the Scapegoat of Despair

Softly, the evil sorcerer says, in sirihish:
     "Great Tektolnes' Hairy Balls!  That's rather amazin'"

The evil sorcerer thinks: Hm, does he really have hair on them?  Gah.. stop thinking about this.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=11

That link is to one of the forums here, where you can ask general questions and people will try and answer them.

http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

That link is to a page full of 'helpers' of the game, who are volunteers that are willing to attempt to answer more detailed questions about stuff you might want to know.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Some added tips:

Thinking is a great way to get into character and kill time while solo emoting.

help_map will give you a map of Allanak and I believe help_northlands will give you a map of Tuluk, both in ASCII.  Feel free to make your own maps yourself.

If you need to ask a quick question, it's ok to use OOC.  If you feel you need a lot of help, hit up a helper or if you're playing with someone who seems pretty competant you can always OOC I need a lot of help here, can I talk to you over AIM/ICQ/MSN/YIM/IRC please?  Most of us are pretty ok, but you'll always be much better off with a helper.  Please try to keep your OOC's rare though.  If you make a typo and it's still understandable, don't worry about it.  If you target the wrong thing with an emote or tell, go ahead and redo it.  We'll know what you mean.  OOC is also not a means to get to know fellow players.  The GDB and IRC are for that.

help_emote which is accessible from the helpfiles on the main site is AWESOME.  Not only that, I believe there's an emote emulator somewhere too.  Oh, and you can't have the target, like say, ~kank as the start of your sentance as I learned to my massive humiliation in front of a lot of very important PCs once.

If anyone wants to correct any of that, go right on ahead.
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

Quote from: "Miee"help_map will give you a map of Allanak and I believe help_northlands will give you a map of Tuluk, both in ASCII.  Feel free to make your own maps yourself.

help_emote which is accessible from the helpfiles on the main site is AWESOME.  Not only that, I believe there's an emote emulator somewhere too.

The emote emulator is here.

help_emote_examples can also be handy.

And I believe the map of Tuluk is in help_northlands_map

--Dolores

Personally I havent had much luck with helpers when I was a new player (started like 4 months ago), I added like 4 or 5 to my AIM list, and not one showed up, well, since I added them.
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

Many people keep their AIM list blocked from anyone who THEY haven't added. You should definitely send those people an e-mail asking if you can talk with them via IM. Chances are, they either don't play the same times that you do, or they use the blocking option like I do, just to filter out unwanted IMs from posers and net-sexers and morons pretending they need my password to "fix" something with my account.

From what I've seen the helpers have really grown in the past four months.  I know I pester about three or four daily, and they still are very helpful.    :D
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Also, joining a clan of some kind will greatly increase your chances of surviving long enough to get a feel for the game, although dying a few times is also good for getting a feel for that aspect of the game :D
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]