Pet Names

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, September 07, 2004, 06:02:49 PM

No, not suggestions for naming your kank.
I was just wondering if anyone knew any common affectionate nick names... you know, the Zalanthan equivalents of 'sweetheart', 'darling', 'honey'.
Though most of those probably could be used IC, I'm looking for something with a specific Armageddon flavor. Please list any you think of here.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

I have one that my characters usually use.  I'm not telling that one, heh.  It's relatively common and easy, though.

Call her a 'sweet globule of kank honey'.  You'll get laid every time, I swear.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Aww who's my widdle ginka pie?  Yes, you are!
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

I prefer being referred to as an anakore in the sack, personally.
quote]
The one-celled, sultry amoeba says: "Oooh, baby. Yeah."
The one-celled, sultry amoeba moans in ecstasy.
The one-celled, sultry amoeba splits in half, shuddering with pleasure.[/quote]

Quote from: "Reverend Jeff"I prefer being referred to as an anakore in the sack, personally.

You hide under the covers and hope someone happens to fall in?  :twisted:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"
Quote from: "Reverend Jeff"I prefer being referred to as an anakore in the sack, personally.

AC

More like I just grab random passerby whenever they walk past too loudly, but yeah.  :D
quote]
The one-celled, sultry amoeba says: "Oooh, baby. Yeah."
The one-celled, sultry amoeba moans in ecstasy.
The one-celled, sultry amoeba splits in half, shuddering with pleasure.[/quote]

Sweetheart: Sweet heart? Sounds like a nickname mantises or halflings might use for prey species.

Honey: Possibly, but you'd have to be talking about kank honey.  How endearing that is will depend on the character.

In one Zapotec language, women can be called "ripe fruit in the present".  Makes sense for a farming culture.

What elements of Zalanthan culture would be useful to mine for compliments?  Would Zalanthans value sweet food as much as North Americans, to make their pet names based on that?  Maybe, maybe not.  One idea that has occured to me is "my shade."  Could be used toward the "dominant" or "protective" partner.  One real world pet name that I think we could all agree would not be used in Zalanthas is "Sunshine".  How about something to do with water?  My sip of water?  Metal?  My beautiful little metal ring?

ooooh...I really like "my shade"

Or,

"Who's your shade? Yea, say it, SAY IT!"

Quote from: "Angela Christine"

AC

LOL, Why is the first thing that came to my mind after Hide under the covers is, Dutch Oven.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

ROFL Agent is a nut sometimes. But I tend to agree with him.
Don't listen to me, I'm only a newb.