Investigations on murder.

Started by Solas, September 07, 2004, 02:38:04 PM

Hmm, I believe theres a couple topics on this somewhere, but I feel it would good to be able to look at a body and know what kind of wounds it sustained and perhaps the kind of weapon that might have done it. Its almost impossible with the current perception skills to figure out anything really of the cause of a death, and who might have done it.

This has been suggested, though I don't know if its possible without a lot of coding work.  Best solution for now is for killers to get/drop their victim's body and add a description.  Perhaps macro it so you can do it and still make a quick getaway.

>get body

>drop body ~ lies crumpled on the street, blood oozing from multiple stab wounds.

Most bodies would probably be too heavy for people to lift and drop with a custom description.

It's always good to use drop descriptions, but I do think an objective "he seems to have died from stabbing wounds" would also rock.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I suggest having a skill added for trained rangers, physicians, assassins, and some others.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Help from the killers helps alot to continue roleplay from the actions of killing someone. When someone finds a body, the current code doesn't allow anyone to pick up from where that murder has been left off. So, the character that the PC just lost doesn't have an impact anymore in the game, practically. I feel it would be better for both the killer and killed, if some 'evidence' would be left. Helps get more people involved too, as well as gives an importance in dying.  :wink:  (if that helps slacken the ease of losing a good character, so much the better)

In the modern day and age, not very many people, if any, get away without leaving -some- trace of evidence. The skill of assassination is not wholely upon the pre-strike. Its actually the post-strike for the sane assasins that want to continue living, that is the hardest. That's for assassins though, of course, if its a domestic violence case or whatever you call it, then the killer wouldn't be thinking of future consiquences that much. (which means he has a higher probability of getting caught...in modern days that is, and in some applications of Zalanthas.)

I think in the previous discussions everyone was in favor of something.

It's just a matter of getting it coded. :O

So many ideas, and not enough coders to go around.

Love your coders.

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=98179&highlight=#98179

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=88040&highlight=#88040

Here are two topics on it.. I think it's a good idea.

But yes, in the mean time, something that you can do.. Well, before you "get all" and take that guys shirt, pants, hat, socks, shoes, fuzzy pink bowa.. You may want to consider dropping a piece of clothing or something..

The body of the sneaky elf is here stinking up the place.
A black bustier is here half torn off the body of the sneaky elf, it seems to have been slashed in half/burned in several places/multiple stab holes/smashed into the body  ect..
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Hmm. After thinking about that for abit. We actually don't really -need- a coded thing, other than to make sure -something- is shown upon the body. If everyone just left some evidence tracing the killer (the small bits of cookie strewn upon the body and milky paw-prints of a monster leading away from the scene of crime...) stuff like that, you really don't -need- a code. I'm not sure if you can do this to bodies now, but I think it would be great to be able to drop the body as you can with objects and leave a sdesc.

Having the description of the victim might be a bonus. I find it frustrating when I see a body, be it a duskhorn or the remains of a NPC character, and find that there's no description other than the sdesc.

This can be done by taking an item and doing like so:

Get pants body

Drop pants torn from the body of the stinky elf, they seem to have been slashed to bits.

The room will look like:

This room
The body of the stinky elf lies here
A pair of purple pants is here torn from the body of the stinky elf, it seems to have been slashed to bits.

The only problem with this is, if there is a crash the pants are gone, and if someone picks them up, unless they drop them with that same description, it will be gone too..

then again so will the body..
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Alternatively, you could use the scribble command to describe traces of a battle, or how the victim fell and boinked his head against he rock, if you're outside the city. Should a sandstorm ruin your description, you can safely assume the body has been buried as well.

Would anyone consider this an abuse of the command?

I wouldn't consider it an abuse of the command, but it doesn't work exceptionally well.

A long time ago my character was lying wounded in the desert for a very long time.  I used the scribble command to type a description of the indentation of the body.  But the sdesc of the scribble is always prefaced with "A drawing of..." which doesn't make sense given the circumstances.
Back from a long retirement

The scribbling will just be a trouble for the killer.  If anyone comes along to interrupt you know.. Witnesses to kill.
some of my posts are serious stuff

More points collected for having -something- shown on a dead body. If an assassin just killed Lord Havityourway in an ideal moment, with his servants just a couple rooms away (a bathroom break perhaps that leaves him guardless for a few seconds), it'll be kinda strange to linger at the murder scene to leave, OOCly, some evidence for people to find.