Why doesn't flee give us the direction?

Started by UnderSeven, September 06, 2004, 02:48:57 PM

I see no reason we wouldn't be able to know which way we ran.  The reason I bring this up is in order to find out which way we fled we have to look.  Npcs don't have to read and take the time to consider this stuff and can imidiately give chase.  It doesn't make sense that someone would flee and then run right back at their enemy.  I can undestand having to get your barings but you should AT LEAST know which way you just came from.  Currently you arn't told.

You may have noticed some guilds/subguilds get the flee skill. Flee Skill.. Sounds like you don't have it.

Everyone gets the flee skill, but that doesn't have any baring on that you should have a clue which way you came from reguardless.

QuoteFLEE  (Combat)  

This command will cause your character to run in a random direction, with the intention of escaping a combat he/she is already engaged in. In many instances it is the only way to escape a fighting situation. Note that the use of this command does cause your character to begin running, and thus will cause extra movement loss.

Alert persons might be able to quickly determine which direction they have fled in, and the practiced few may be able to retreat in an organized manner such that they can flee in a direction they choose.

Using the 'flee self' option will force your character to flee, even if they are not involved in combat. This can be a useful way to escape from someone who insists on following your character.

Ahh, good old helpfiles
B

Okay.  It's that way on purpose, I still disagree.

I dunno, if you're running screaming and hollering and crying, then, well, you likely aren't paying attention.

If you're retreating in a cool and organized manner, you know where you're going.

That's called a difference in skill.

Flee skill doesn't represent how fast your feet move,  as much as how cool headed you are when you retreat.

Not to mention the fact that you're in the middle of a fight when you decide to flee. You could be in any position from where you had started the fight, and it's easy to lose your bearings in the heat of it all. The small time it takes to get your bearings after fleeing I think is logical, though it would be cool if you could do more than know which direction you fled, when you have a high flee skill. (sorry for any of thoughs who take offense when people switch topics alittle)

Everyone does not have the flee skill. Everyone has the ability to flee. If you do have the flee skill, you might be able to figure out which way you fled when randomly dashing out of battle.

Everyone can flee, but only people with the skill get certain perks, here is one also taken from the help file that was not pasted by the other person quoting help.

QuoteSyntax:
  flee
  flee self
  flee west
  flee w

Anyone wanna guess what another perk of a high flee SKILL is?
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: "X-D"

free cookies?

Quote from: "Agent_137"
Quote from: "X-D"

free cookies?

Sounds like it's time to start twinking flee.
 wish I was witty enough to have something here.  Alas.

Not for free cookies...now, free guinness....
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job