Too many clans

Started by Anonymous, August 25, 2004, 08:00:27 PM

Sorry could someone point me to the two many clan thread, i've been looking for  the specific ones and can't seem to find them.

pointing you to the search option at the top of the page is the best i can do for ya.

If you're going to all the trouble to do this, and still can't find the thread, why don't you just say what you're going to say Kank?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Thought I already had but alright i'll elaborate a bit

In tuluk currently open and recruiting are

Tennishi (Might have closed though recently saw recruiting)
Winthrol
Salarr
Kadius
Byn
Militia(Might have closed)
Might be missing one or two

On top of that alot of PC enjoy being indies, there are a few experiments going that take players(Halfling experiement) and the PC base is on vacation or taking time off since it's summer, at least we aren't getting the 60+ people every since night like we did before the summer.  Might be the same story down south.

At the risk of sounding repetitive, it is in this Anonymous Kank's humble opinion that the player base is spread a little too thin

Yes, we need about 100 more regular players. No question about that.

Solution?

1. Vote more.
2. Bring more people in yourself.

There is no short-term solution to this.

Closing down houses is tricky work. Maybe one or two could be made virtual without unpleasent IC circumstances, but I wouldn't know myself.

solo emoting -does- suck though. I feel you.

As I've stated in the past, I think if the houses were not so redundant in nature there would be more diversity and enjoy ability.  Each house is known for something:  militaristic, magicker friendly, slaving house, etc.  But lately it seems like every house has every kind of PC and none of those PCs get to interact at all with each other.  If each house limited themselves to only their specialty then PCs would A.  have more PCs to interact with within their own houses and B.  there would be more of a demand because suddenly not every PC can get a job in said clan.
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>