Throwing Stuff

Started by Spud, May 18, 2004, 07:01:01 PM

I was wondering, when you throw a dart or a throwing knife, etc. Do you get a wanted level, if you do it somewhere other than where you are throwing? I mean nobody sees you so how could you? :oops:
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Nobody sees you??
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I think if you throw it at some one, it's considered an attack, with the usual ramifications.

If you throw it at a board, or a wall (can you?) I don't think it's an attack.

edit:

OH

you mean, throw it to another room?

Hm. Good question.

It depends.

If you're in a lawful room and you throw a knife into a non-lawful room and hit someone, you become wanted.

If you are in a non-lawful room and throw into a lawful room and hit someone, I don't think you become wanted (unless you hit a templar, noble or militia soldier, since attacking any of them makes you insta-wanted, regardless of where you are).

If you are in a lawful room and throw a knife into another lawful room and hit someone, you obviously become wanted.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

This thread should be deleted in my opinion, it has way too much discussion of crim-code.

This question can -so- be answered using IC sense.  If your in a crowded area, and throw something at someone, I think someone would notice.

If your in a dark alleyway, and you throw something, or fire a crossbow bolt at someone walking past....you probably won't get noticed so easily.  Sorry, but this question seemed to be -scream- twink to me.

Don't be so hard on it, this question anwers a common sense question.  Sometimes the code of games doesn't follow the most readily apparent reasoning and I think clarification is fair to ask for in some cases.

Exactly, like looking out of dark caves. The code doesn't exactly follow the way things would truly work because it just can't be coded that way.

Perhaps its the same with tossing a dagger into other rooms, and things can always be bugged.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Spud,

If you throw it at a dart board or you are playing anythting remotely like a game you will not get wanted...However, if you throw it at someone in a harmful manner, even in accident you will get wanted.

Lock this thread down, too much IC info as it is IMHO.
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I have to agree with Wizturbo here.

Personally, I feel that if this topic is to be discussed at all, it belongs under Code Discussion or Ask the Staff.

Not that I am trying to be accusatory, but questions like this seem more geared to trying to understand how to 'get over' than they seem to be legimate attempts to probe understanding the IC gameworld.

From the helpfiles on skill_throw:
Skill Throw  (Combat)  

This skill represents a talent for hurling spears, knives, and darts at opponents. The range to which this skill is effective is dependent upon the object, but typically is not very far.

Notes:

Like backstab, throwing weapons is typically a good way to avoid early
detection by soldiers of city-states
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.