Jailing

Started by Xerokine, May 09, 2004, 03:17:12 PM

Well, I'm sitting here bored looking at the Tuluki Prison Cells and I was thinking to myself.. Wouldn't it be nice if there was some way that the Templars could tell if someone was imprisioned? Perhaps soldiers or Templars would be able to see something like this in the 'who c' command.

<Paste silly name> awaits in the northern cell.

That way if the character knows no Templars and has no one to contact on the outside to get out of prison, the Templars would be able to see that they are imprisoned and come to deal with it instead of leaving the character there for 72+ hours.

Any thoughts?
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

If you really want to deal with a PC templar, you can try the following command:

contact templar

contact 2.templar

although if you are in prison, I'm not sure I would advice this approach, if you want your character to be long-lived.
Vettrock

Yeah, bringing attention to a templar that you are locked in a cell isn't always a good thing.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Prisontime is based on connectivity.  If you are logged on for more than, say, three hours and you aren't out of jail yet, I'd consider wishing up to ask whether this way a bug.  If not, just wait and they'll let you out, quitting and logging on the next day won't make your time any shorter.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I'm still wondering why anyone tossed in jail would be wishing a templars presence. When I do something like that I just spend the entire time hoping that I get out of there unnoticed.

But if you are in a cell for an extremely long amount of time I'd wish up and ask the immortals if your crim flag is permanent. Sometimes a templar can have you permanently labeled a criminal until they have a chance to speak, interrogate, whip, beat, stomp, kill, slap, spank you.. this is usually only done only in special cases but it does happen. But as others have said, logging out stop your crim flag from counting down. It shouldn't ever be too long.. nothing more than a RL hour I think. Best advice.. just wait it out.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Jail is an under punishment. Basically anything garners jailtime. Murder someone, go to jail for a short time, steal 10000 sid, go to jail, keep the sid.

Templars are much more cruel and realistic, and I actually like this idea because it will make people appreciate respecting the law, knowing that awful things, more fitting of their crime, may likely occur.

Quote from: "Gilvar"Jail is an under punishment. Basically anything garners jailtime. Murder someone, go to jail for a short time, steal 10000 sid, go to jail, keep the sid.

Templars are much more cruel and realistic, and I actually like this idea because it will make people appreciate respecting the law, knowing that awful things, more fitting of their crime, may likely occur.

Oh great, XeroKine...now I'll have to hand over all that sid I keep getting away with stealling.
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

You go to jail -and- lose all your weapons.  That isn't a huge deal to the average dirty thief, a few cheap daggers aren't that hard to replace.

I once had a character get arrested for smuggling spice into Allanak, and she didn't even know she had any spice on her.  :(  The sad part was she was an archer, a hunter, and when they took all her weapons the took every single one of her arrows too!  A couple big weapons, a few small weapons, and 20 arrows is a major loss, especially in the south.  But at least they let her keep the spice.  :lol:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

:) So they... took all yuour expensive weapons huh. A small fortune... feel free to PM me the location of those and I'll be sure to return them.  :wink:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Editted Since I seem to have been  mistaken.
Vettrock

No, they are actually stored somewhere codewise I think. I once had an assasin get about 13 weapons strippde from him and after a quick conversation with a templar I had all my blades returned. I could be wrong though.

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: "Majikal"No, they are actually stored somewhere codewise I think. I once had an assasin get about 13 weapons strippde from him and after a quick conversation with a templar I had all my blades returned. I could be wrong though.
Correct.  They do not go to never-never land so they are recoverable.
harlie Bucket: Mr. Wonka, they won't really be burned in the furnace, will they?
Willy Wonka: Well, I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven't they?

I've noted the bug where you get caught for having spice on you, but it doesn't take it away.  Perhaps someone should note that in game, again...aswell as email it to the mud account.

I'm lazy so I won't.

And to repeat:   Items 'taken' from you by NPC soldiers DO go someplace where the Militia and Templars can access.

I remember back in the day, they used to take EVERYTHING and leave you in a loincloth.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one