Allanak and Tuluk

Started by Petra, May 04, 2004, 01:14:45 PM

- - Let's not overlook the fact that Athens also had reading, writing, and education. Greece was also constantly at war or involved in conflicts with other nations.  Tuluk was ruled by Allanak for several decades, and since then hasn't been in a position to be easily reconquered by them.  They briefly had the need but not the means, then immediately went back to the means but not the need.

- - As for art, I know that people love to try and make an art out of everything in this game. However there IS a difference between art and engineering.  At some point, an uneducated commoner is not going to be able to philosophize engineering concepts into personal expression. You can only talk black into white so efficiently without being well-read.

- - Back to technology, though. Tuluk and Allanak are in the same boat, at opposite ends.  Tuluk could be a haven for invention, but the lack of pressing need and the illiteracy are going to stagnate it.  Allanak has all the pressing needs in the world, but neither the resources nor the literacy.  Both city-states strive to keep their citizens at a certain stupidity level.  Neither is a better environment for invention than the other.
i]The Unholy Immortal of Red Storm,
The Merciless Co-Immortal of House Kurac,
The Tyrannical Developer of Skill_Wagonmaking,[/i]
Gesht

Lets remember how Native Americans never invented the wheel, at least we have that. Be happy, nay - delighted that we at least have that.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Quote from: "Dirr"Lets remember how Native Americans never invented the wheel, at least we have that. Be happy, nay - delighted that we at least have that.

They had wheels, they just didn't have axels.  :P  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins