What do you do when.... ?

Started by TripleX, April 29, 2004, 11:50:13 AM

When I'm about to commit crime with my character, I turn on my speakers real loud, and listen to trance music!

What about you?

I turn off all music so I can concentrate without all the racket when I'm about to do anything remotely scary.

I always keep Winamp set on shuffle.  It seems to have the uncanny ability to pick the right song for the right time.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

hmph. Lately i've forgotten to use winamp while i Play. Used to, i'd use it all the time, even in Counter-strike (albeit really low volume)

Thanks for the reminder.

PK music is the bomb, put on some Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Aerosmith, Finch, Green Day, etc.

I plan on blasting my ears out during the HPRT :)
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Skynyrd...for PK'ing?

Somehow Sweet Home Alabama is not the first thing that comes to mind unless I'm playing a couple of humans out to kill an elf for racist reasons.

Yep. And Rob Zombie, too. And anything punk, basically.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Gangster rap is probably the best music to do anything criminal or PK-wise to in the game.  Nothing like having your elf slit the throat of that double-agent you recently found out about in your organization...while listening to Deep Cover.

Yeah, and you don't stop, 'cause it's a 1-8-7 on a undercover cop.

Rob zombie isn't punk music.
??????

In fact the only band you did list thats even close is green day.
In the desert no one can hear you scream."

Quote from: "Bogre"Yep. And Rob Zombie, too. And anything punk, basically.
Rob Zombie and punk...?  Rob Zombie and punk???
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

You're cut, Bogre. Associating Skynyrd with punk is not allowed.

Bogre got it wrong. He meant to say ... "Rob Zombie is a punk" - not "Rob Zombie is punk".
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Chill.

I meant it to be Rob Zombie OR anything punk. And Lynyrd isn't punk.

All of those are definitely ridiculously different, but they are all good for PK.

I...

ahem

Listen to...
uh...

nothing.

The Blue Collar Comedy Tour...  :oops:

I just recently started to listen to music as I play. One of my friends listens to System of a down a lot, and he let me use his cd that is a string trubut to them, it is awesome, it really adds to the mood of the game.

I also hear they have many other string tributes to other bands.

The string tribute is when they play all the songs on that cd in orchestra music, it is quite lovely. :lol:
uppers.

I'm with Cuusardo. I just turn on winamp, throw her on shuffle, and let her fly! Anyting from Assemblage 23, to System of A Down, to.. well, we'll just say a wide variety of about 6GB of music.  8)
<Blank> says, out of character:
     "OW!  Afk a moment, my chair just...broke, beneath me."

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I always keep Winamp set on shuffle.  It seems to have the uncanny ability to pick the right song for the right time.

Yep, nothing like sitting in the middle of the desert unconcious listening to Green day: When I come around.

That was truely the funnest thing I ever came across while playing arm
Crackageddon.... once an addict, always an addict

I'd prefer a bottle of Jim Beam and a short glass, thats when the real fun begains.. :shock:

i'm on my girlfriend's computer because she's off decorating for this formal thing we're going to later. Her play list leaves something to be desired.

*you hear beyonce in the background*

i'm going to kill myself now.

Not only do I make a playlist for each pc, based on their personality and lifestyle, I get excited about it and try to tell all my friends. They're never as excited as I.

Fuckers!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I usually listen to soundtracks like the "Band of Brothers", "Gladiator", and "Beautiful Mind" soundtracks.  I like music without lyrics when I play.

And besides music I like to have a large glass of water next to me to enjoy at my leisure.  It's my way of mocking my character.  I'm well hydrated while he's practically evaporating.

QuoteAnd besides music I like to have a large glass of water next to me to enjoy at my leisure. It's my way of mocking my character. I'm well hydrated while he's practically evaporating.

I really got a kick out of that *sigh* I've lost two to dehydration this year..
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I've played my playlist on shuffle before. I like all kinds of music..and I have a playlist entitled just that..'ALL music'.

So imagine a scene...where there's been some very intense roleplay. Your character is shaking and freaking out inside.
You are just so sure you're going to bite the dust.

And then......

Enya comes over the speaker.

It just....didn't quite fit the mood, heh.

Tupac, Biggie Smalls, Scarface, any hard and gritty rap...

Also, music without lyrics, and some with, such as Enya and John Williams' theme stuff.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I used to play counter-strike on my friends computer, I'd play it with winamp on, right? And now my friend has musical tastes very similiar to mine, so I expect to hear old school metallica, some good classic rock, some tool, even some good stevie ray mixed in there. But yea, I'm playing counter-strike, headshoting noobs left and right, yea? And then frikken britney spears comes on the winamp. I cut a glare at jon and he's like, "Just for you! teehee" and I'm like, "fag..."

We're still friends, though. I just play Counter-strike on MY computer now. heh.