On Zalanthas, We Sleep Standing Up

Started by Pantoufle, April 09, 2004, 11:22:08 AM

This makes me laugh.  Check this out:

>sleep
>[Standing first]
You go to sleep.

>

I really wish there was a lie down comand.

Lie on cot
Lie on bunk
Lie on bed

Also if you could lie on anything with more than two seats, but that it would take up the seating of two people.

Lie on couch
Lie on rug

And that you could use the sleep comand in line with it.
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Do we really need a lie down command?  
rest
change ldesc reclines on a bed.
   "          "        lies down across a couch.

It would be cooler yes, if we had one, but I don't feel it's nessicary.

It is an odditity.  You can only have so many people sit on a bed or a couch but once they start dozing off, you can stack them like cordwood.

Another one that always gets me:

If you sleep with your boots off, you will never have full stamina.  You put them on every the morning, and you are already below your potential max.

Sarahjc's "lie on ..." command is -ripe- for keyword catastrophe.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Seeker..

Heh.. Maybe.. But oh the fun it would bring.. :D
Quote from: jmordetskySarah's TALZEN Makeup Bag–YOU MAY NOT PASS! YOU ARE DEFILED WITH A Y CHROMOSOME, PENIS WIELDER! ATTEMPT AGAIN AND YOU WILL BE STRUCK DEAD!
Quote from: JollyGreenGiant"C'mon, attack me with this raspberry..."

Do you guys remember, back in the day....

[fade out]

[fade in to younger mansa]

The immortals once tried to make it so you could 'rest' and 'sleep' using one of the seats at a table.   However...

People would abuse it.  They would 'rest' at the bar, or 'rest' in places where they shouldn't.   And then there was the bug where if you, while resting, typed 'sit at <samespot>' it would create a double of yourself, and use up the same spot.   Ooo, those were fun times.  Back in the day.

It was all removed because of the bugs that happened.  Mucho likeo Azroen's Wagon Codo.  Alas.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: "Seeker"It is an odditity.  You can only have so many people sit on a bed or a couch but once they start dozing off, you can stack them like cordwood.

Further proof that Zalanthans are heavy sleepers, very heavy sleepers.  That's why you can steal a sleeper's pants without waking them up, and you don't even have to take off their boots first.  Very heavy sleepers.

Edited to add:

There are a couple of related positional odditites.

If you are sitting and you get attacked, you keep sitting until you stand up.  However, if you are resting when you get attacked you stand automatically, without an echo.

If you are poisoned, and periodically taking dammage, you get a message each time you take dammage.  However, this changes if you go to sleep.  If you take dammage from poison while asleep (not passed out) you don't get dammage echo -and- you are also returned to an awake and standing position with no echo.

If you are riding while poisoned, the mount apparently thinks that you are in combat _each_ time you take dammage, and may buck you off if you are not an excellent rider.  Maybe you shudder, shiver or convulse in a way kanks don't like?  I just don't know.  Trying to ride to safety while taking dammage from the poison and then taking additional dammage from being thrown on the ground over and over again is fun though.  :P  

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins