Rescue

Started by Callisto, February 04, 2004, 10:52:16 PM

If person A is being attacked by five gith and person B rescues them, does that leave four gith attacking person A and one attacking person B, or do all five begin attacking person B?

If you're going to post an "I think it works like this.." answer, don't.

I need someone with experience in this area of the code to give an answer here.

Thanks.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Engaging the Rescue command physically knocks the rescued party out of the way of battle.

Therefore, in answer to your question, all five gith would be asshammering person B.
Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.   -J.R. Ewing

I've used rescue alot.  It only takes one attacker off.

That means you have to rescue the poor sap 5 times to keep him safe.

Rescue pulls away one attacker at a time.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Well shit.

I guess majority beats out my remembered experience.

I'll humbly admit that, despite having been fairly self-assured, I'm a turd burglar. And will henceforth stick with answering posts about emoting style and not the code with which I appearently haven't half the familiarity I believed I did.

Sorry.
Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.   -J.R. Ewing

Thank you.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Quote from: "mansa"Rescue pulls away one attacker at a time.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

I'm positive it's the other way around, i.e not the way Mansa and Da Mitey Warrior are saying.

Actually, this is just a theory, but I think one gith would attack the rescuer, and the other four would be disengaged and free to attack whoever the hell they want to.
Back from a long retirement

No, mansa's right.  Not that I'm any expert on the combat system but I recall on one occasion seeing an officer rescue the same person several times in a row, in order to keep getting the meanies off the greenie.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "mansa"Rescue pulls away one attacker at a time.
Belatedly, I must agree.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Helpfiles:

SKILL_RESCUE                                                       (Combat)

This skill will allow your character, if successful, to pull a comrade
out of combat and take his/her place. This is the only way, short of one's
comrade fleeing, to remove the 'primary' combatant (the character getting
hit by the opponent) from a fight.

Syntax:
  rescue <character name>

Example:
  > rescue jhalavar

Note:
  This skill can be used either before your character becomes involved
  in combat, or after. Once your character has successfully rescued
  your comrade, you no longer have the option to disengage, since you
  are now the primary combatant.

If what you all say is true than these help files are a bit misleading and should probably be changed.