Seasons Q&A

Started by Halaster, December 05, 2023, 07:34:33 PM

Are there particular staff members assigned to oversee/support indie characters? I'm not necessarily intending to play one, but sometimes I do.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Quote from: flurry on June 03, 2024, 03:33:28 PMAre there particular staff members assigned to oversee/support indie characters? I'm not necessarily intending to play one, but sometimes I do.

We talked about assigning someone specific to that, and for now decided not to.  Staff will as a general rule keep an eye out for them, and if an indy character puts in a request, we'll just kinda call dibs.

If they start falling through the cracks, then we'll probably end up assigning someone to it.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Halaster on June 03, 2024, 03:47:55 PMIf they start falling through the cracks, then we'll probably end up assigning someone to it.

Must.Resist.Urge. Promised self, I would give clans a chance. Must resist temptation to play indie.  Must not hide in the cracks.

When will we be able to create characters? At 13th or 15th of June?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You think:
"No! Please leave me be whoever you are."

You sense a foreign presence withdraw from your mind.

Quote from: eska on June 10, 2024, 11:28:25 AMWhen will we be able to create characters? At 13th or 15th of June?

You should be able to submit your characters for pre-approval from today.

ArmageddonMUD is down while we switch the game over to our Seasons       
             model.  The current estimated date when we'll be back             
                            online is June 15, 2024.   

So its not -quite- open, yet?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Usiku on June 10, 2024, 11:36:35 AM
Quote from: eska on June 10, 2024, 11:28:25 AMWhen will we be able to create characters? At 13th or 15th of June?

You should be able to submit your characters for pre-approval from today.
On the creator? What's the link for that again?
It's @CalmThyPalm everywhere.

I make up for the tiny in-game character limit by writing walls of text here.

Quote from: Kavrick on June 10, 2024, 12:29:06 PM
Quote from: CalmThyPalm on June 10, 2024, 12:25:33 PMOn the creator? What's the link for that again?

https://www.armageddon.org/tools/charapp
The creator and the game on the server are both not working.  And I'm a bit confused as to which method we should use to create chars.  Staff might want to give us all an update.

Cheers
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Norcal on June 10, 2024, 12:41:51 PMThe creator and the game on the server are both not working.  And I'm a bit confused as to which method we should use to create chars.  Staff might want to give us all an update.

The creator has been working for me, there was a bug earlier today that said characters were still alive but that was fixed. I know 'it works on my machine' isn't helpful but it also might be something on your end rather than something global.
I make up for the tiny in-game character limit by writing walls of text here.

Quote from: Norcal on June 10, 2024, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: CalmThyPalm on June 10, 2024, 12:25:33 PMOn the creator? What's the link for that again?

The creator and the game on the server are both not working.  And I'm a bit confused as to which method we should use to create chars.  Staff might want to give us all an update.

Cheers

I've worked through the problems I was aware of, so if you're still having issue could you either DM on Discord if you use it, or if not, put in a request and try to describe what's happening? Thanks!

Worked fine for me just now.

I knew there was a character app being worked on, but I cannot find anywhere on the main site that references that we can or should use it to apply for characters.

Is there a link to this, or is it only for people who knew to find it?

Quote from: Halaster on June 10, 2024, 12:48:15 PM
Quote from: Norcal on June 10, 2024, 12:41:51 PM

Cheers

I've worked through the problems I was aware of, so if you're still having issue could you either DM on Discord if you use it, or if not, put in a request and try to describe what's happening? Thanks!

I get the same message as Riev posted when I try to log into ginka.  And the link to help does not work at all. DM me on Discord, Norcal, or send me your discord handle.
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Quote from: Riev on June 10, 2024, 01:04:49 PMI knew there was a character app being worked on, but I cannot find anywhere on the main site that references that we can or should use it to apply for characters.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60485.0.html

When it comes to the Arm of the Dragon - the Allanaki Militia - it's still just humans and half-giants, right? There will still be no elves, dwarves and muls, even despite the changes that came with the new updates?

Quote from: NinjaFruitSalad on June 10, 2024, 03:48:07 PMWhen it comes to the Arm of the Dragon - the Allanaki Militia - it's still just humans and half-giants, right? There will still be no elves, dwarves and muls, even despite the changes that came with the new updates?

There are stories with dwarves that were part of allanak militia, not sure if that changed at some point but there is precedence for them joining.

Depending on the special apps muls can be 'owned' by a number of clans. I think I saw a byn mul once a few years ago but maybe my memory is fuzzy. It is probably doable to be part of militia as a mul, but unsure.

Quote from: Dresan on June 10, 2024, 06:42:39 PMThere are stories with dwarves that were part of allanak militia, not sure if that changed at some point but there is precedence for them joining.

It definitely changed because of one of those stories. Someone else may remember better, but as I recall a dwarf did something so egregious it got all dwarves banned by a Black Robe forever... or until that Black Robe (or their successor) changes their mind.

Happy to be corrected.

Quote from: Halaster on June 10, 2024, 03:19:51 PM
Quote from: Riev on June 10, 2024, 01:04:49 PMI knew there was a character app being worked on, but I cannot find anywhere on the main site that references that we can or should use it to apply for characters.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,60485.0.html

I poked at the character creator this afternoon - it looks great. One quick QOL suggestion would be to have a brief blurb pop up when you select a Race, Class, or Subclass. It doesn't have to be much, just a quick elevator pitch to give someone a rough idea of what they are selecting without needing to open a second tab to read the full documentation.

I think this would go a long way to help new players who are just poking to get a feel for what they can play or rough ideas at character creation, and then they have the option to dive deeper into further reading if they want.

Just my 2 'sids.

Looking neat, though!

June 10, 2024, 07:16:44 PM #319 Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 07:19:42 PM by CalmThyPalm
QuoteI poked at the character creator this afternoon - it looks great. One quick QOL suggestion would be to have a brief blurb pop up when you select a Race, Class, or Subclass. It doesn't have to be much, just a quick elevator pitch to give someone a rough idea of what they are selecting without needing to open a second tab to read the full documentation.

I think this would go a long way to help new players who are just poking to get a feel for what they can play or rough ideas at character creation, and then they have the option to dive deeper into further reading if they want.

Just my 2 'sids.

Looking neat, though!
Oh, THIS. Definitely. Would love. Yes.
It's @CalmThyPalm everywhere.

Dwarves will join the AoD again when Thrain Ironsword himself raises up and takes over the city.

Quote from: Riev on June 10, 2024, 07:34:46 PMDwarves will join the AoD again when Thrain Ironsword himself raises up and takes over the city.

Interestingly, both raising up Thrain Ironsword or just allowing dwarves to join the militia seem somewhat doable this season as far as dwarven focuses go. ;D

Quote from: NinjaFruitSalad on June 10, 2024, 03:48:07 PMWhen it comes to the Arm of the Dragon - the Allanaki Militia - it's still just humans and half-giants, right? There will still be no elves, dwarves and muls, even despite the changes that came with the new updates?

Correct, to date it's still just humans and half-giants.

What denotes when an "Age" ends and another begins?

From help years

Years are measured on a 77-year cycle called a King's Age. Each year in the cycle has its own name. The name of the year is a combination of two symbols; one set of 11 entity symbols, and one set of 7 mood symbols. Beginning with 1 and ending with 77, the year names are as follows: