Please have any lit light source cancel hide

Started by Inks, January 19, 2023, 04:27:38 AM

-1 to malus. it's not always going to be noticeable if someone has a light when hidden; my sneaky elf character could easily be hiding in plain view in the middle of a group of cloaked elves with torches as he slinks on down the street. furthermore in the city most places have light sources near enough even if there's not a light source object in that room.

taking a step back, this is a game and it's a code and playability issue, as well. the way light works if you remove this you have to replace it with a night vision command everyone with stealth gets that lets them see in the dark with practice.
Fallow Maks For New Elf Sorc ERP:
sad
some of y'all have cringy as fuck signatures to your forum posts

What about making sneaking similar to being mounted, where you need a better riding skill to move with both weapons occupied, and you'd need a better sneaking skill to be hiding and moving stealthily with a torch?
"...only listeners will hear your true pronunciation."

Quote from: LindseyBalboa on January 23, 2023, 09:33:12 PM
-1 to malus. it's not always going to be noticeable if someone has a light when hidden; my sneaky elf character could easily be hiding in plain view in the middle of a group of cloaked elves with torches as he slinks on down the street. furthermore in the city most places have light sources near enough even if there's not a light source object in that room.

taking a step back, this is a game and it's a code and playability issue, as well. the way light works if you remove this you have to replace it with a night vision command everyone with stealth gets that lets them see in the dark with practice.

Alright i actually agree with this and suggest no changes.

Why would any light source cancel hide in a well-lit area, i.e. a glow crystal outside at high sun?
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I like the idea, but only if you're the one providing the sole light for the room.

So I'm in a cave, I have a torch out in my hand, I shouldn't be able to ninja vanish as the only one in the cave.

Or just have it when you type hide that it automatically extinguishes your torch.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"