Glow Crystals

Started by Bebop, January 18, 2023, 03:37:07 PM

Could we get the occasional echo that these are lit instead of not getting an echo until the crystal is almost spent.  I have gone through so many of these because of this.

Yes please
Just having fun.

This could get real spammy real quick. Wonder if it can be keyed to only show to the wearer.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on January 18, 2023, 05:17:54 PM
This could get real spammy real quick. Wonder if it can be keyed to only show to the wearer.

It could.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Perhaps it could be extended to all light sources worn/equipped.

Perhaps it could be toggled on/off with a nosafe flag.

nosave echo light
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I dig that ^^^
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

January 18, 2023, 07:08:18 PM #6 Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 07:10:01 PM by dumbstruck
Is this a thing that could be put in prompt somehow? Like an equipped item that's lit?

Like: glowing somewhere in prompt?

Because this could be handy for other glowy items as well that are worn but that you might not be noticing and might not be wanting to be spending. Or is there a way to just make it so that they aren't auto on when you log in if they're worn and are glow items?

I can't help but giggle at the idea of:

"A leather-strapped glow-crystal worn on your ankle is still light"

every 3 seconds.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: Halaster on January 18, 2023, 10:17:46 PM

every 3 seconds.

Once per game tic, you cowards

Ya'll.

Just every now and the.  Right now I be wearing a crystal for like two RL hours and don't notice until it's about go to out and they're something you can only buy from a PC.

January 19, 2023, 04:24:13 AM #10 Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 04:26:08 AM by Inks
I dig this, great idea. If you are worried it is messing up your sneak....it shouldn't be possible to sneak or hide wearing or holding a lit light source in the first place.

Quote from: Halaster on January 18, 2023, 10:17:46 PM

every 3 seconds.

Only if we keep the typo too.

I think this would be nice. My newbie torch dies immediately because I forgot I'm holding it.
21sters Unite!