Prompt Question

Started by DustMight, December 28, 2022, 08:24:15 PM

Setting up my prompt and it seems like %e and %E do not work - I get NULL (not actual null, just a blank) instead of time or position even though my dude can clearly tell what time it is when using that function. Is %e and %E broken? Thanks.

Quote from: DustMight on December 28, 2022, 08:24:15 PM
Setting up my prompt and it seems like %e and %E do not work - I get NULL (not actual null, just a blank) instead of time or position even though my dude can clearly tell what time it is when using that function. Is %e and %E broken? Thanks.
I personally don't use that prompt function, but that sounds like a bug.  Might want to bug it in game or request under game bug.

I'll try it on my character and see what it gives me when I'm in game next.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

The TIME function works for me.  If my character is in tunnels or some other place where "time" does not work, it also does not work in my prompt.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Just tested it, works for me too.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Quote from: Pariah on December 28, 2022, 10:08:54 PM

Just to be clear - this isn't a question of the "time" function. It is a question of the %e (time) and %E (position) options for the prompt function.

Quote from: DustMight on December 29, 2022, 06:04:12 AM

Just to be clear - this isn't a question of the "time" function. It is a question of the %e (time) and %E (position) options for the prompt function.

Just to be clear.

Yes. It works for other people.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

What client do you use?  There may be a weird setting like UTF-8 or something making your e's weird, especially if you have a non-english language installed

December 29, 2022, 07:00:57 PM #7 Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 07:09:03 PM by DustMight
Quote from: Riev on December 29, 2022, 03:28:16 PM

Just to be clear.

Yes. It works for other people.

hahaha! Some things never change!

FWIW: %e did not work for me in CMud or tintin++ yesterday. Without changing anything - works today. *shrug*