Double dwarf/mul stamina, double dwarf movement cost

Started by MeTekillot, December 22, 2022, 04:45:48 PM

I submit this idea with the intent on making dwarves and muls more separate from humans beyond the strength and height/weight. Ludicrous levels of endurance would change the way they are treated ICly, but I think dwarves shouldn't get the benefit of being able to travel much more easily as a result. Muls are already 3 karma and the possible threat of a pissed off mul following you on foot should be included in the consideration of how people behave in regards to muls.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 22, 2022, 04:45:48 PM
I submit this idea with the intent on making dwarves and muls more separate from humans beyond the strength and height/weight. Ludicrous levels of endurance would change the way they are treated ICly, but I think dwarves shouldn't get the benefit of being able to travel much more easily as a result. Muls are already 3 karma and the possible threat of a pissed off mul following you on foot should be included in the consideration of how people behave in regards to muls.
I've never played a mul, but I've played my fair share of dwarves and they always had stupid stamina.  Are you saying make it like mount level?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

What would be the point of doubling stamina and movement cost? By and large, the only time stamina really matters is when traveling on foot. If you double their stamina as well as movement cost, nothing has changed except the time it takes to rest is twice as long. I mean, I guess they can now kick 100 times in a row instead of 50, but when is that ever relevant?

Mining or foraging is the only thing I can see benefiting from this.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Yes, that's the primary reasoning. Dwarves ACTUALLY become absolutely indispensable laborers and stalwarts instead of only being so virtually. Muls as well.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 23, 2022, 12:30:26 AM
Yes, that's the primary reasoning. Dwarves ACTUALLY become absolutely indispensable laborers and stalwarts instead of only being so virtually. Muls as well.
As a master forage miner, even as a human, you can TEAR through deposits like noone's business.

If you refactored muls and dwarves, they would have to make mining harder to make it make sense, then why bother?

Rather than increase the hit points and stun points of those fantasy races..

Why not just make the tools for those particular jobs use less movement points for those particular races instead?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on December 23, 2022, 12:20:37 PM
Rather than increase the hit points and stun points of those fantasy races..

Why not just make the tools for those particular jobs use less movement points for those particular races instead?
Yeah maybe a plus 10 or whatever to mining and salting as a hardier race would make more sense.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 23, 2022, 12:30:26 AM

You'd have to increase their stamina recovery rate, not their maximums, to accomplish that.

Quote from: Inks on December 25, 2022, 01:45:44 PM
No thanks. Dorfs gud enuff.

Agreed, I don't see the need for this change, personally.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev