Toolmaking

Started by growingall, November 26, 2003, 02:24:46 AM

Hmm

I have the skill 'Toolmaking'

The file says:

SKILL_TOOLMAKING  (Skill)  

Toolmaking is, as the name would imply, the art of making tools. Many tools are useful when crafting other items, or necessary to perform certain actions.

Syntax:

craft (item1) (item2) into (desired result)

Example:

craft pole twig twig twig twig into sturdy twig broom

Now that doesn't help me much .. isn't there a list of what items that fall under the cathegory of 'tools'?

It be really helpful if one could find out any simple and inexpensive (material wise) tools to start out with.

Yes, I see the broom example but a few .. five examples of simple stuff one could try out starting with is according to my humble opinion a good idea in every 'crafting' skill help file?

Fun is what we are here for..

My suggestion?  Find a tool store...see what they offer.  Figure out what it would take to make some of those things.  Find those components and try to make things out of them.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Yeah, yeah.  Hint:  Use the Analyze skill.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Or just use inference to figure out what a 'Tool' might be, and move from there.
Tlaloc
Legend

Tools in the real world are often made of metal...so what are the Zalanthan substitutes for metal?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Bone, stone, stone, wood, bone, shells, bone.. carapace.. and Other stuff that's not metal.
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.

It was a rhetorical question.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "Tlaloc"Or just use inference to figure out what a 'Tool' might be, and move from there.

'Inference' ?

Fun is what we are here for..

inference

n : the reasoning involved in making a logical judgment on the basis of circumstantial evidence and prior conclusions rather than on the basis of direct observation [syn: illation]

The correct usage in the mentioned sentence was infer, not inference.

Quote from: "Guest like person"The correct usage in the mentioned sentence was infer, not inference.

Nope, Tlaloc was using it as a noun, not a verb.

Also, that was in November.  Just so you know.

I know.. But I was giving subtle hints ;) Oh.. and I forgot to mention, there's bone too :D
l armageddon è la mia aggiunta.