Potentially deadly things to do in Armageddon Mud

Started by Pariah, November 20, 2022, 03:43:44 PM

So I figured it would be fun to make light of some of the absolutely STUPID or IGNORANT things you've done while in game.

Of course you will be expected to follow the rules of one year from the date of it happening and all that (unless it's longer now, I've been gone a while).

I'll share one that I just recently did, but won't identify me at all as it's purely internally noticed.

So I made a custom prompt, like HP MOVEMENT STAMINA FOCUS right?

Well I fucked up and made Stamina the wrong letter, and I was out there walking around outside for DAYS before I noticed the mistake.

That's hilariously dangerous because when your character is new, a scrab can kill you potentially and if you're out just wandering the wastelands thinking your stamina is X number when it's really 10, well that's a problem.  I am frankly shocked I didn't die from that misstep.

WAYYYY back when, I didn't know that monsters would charge in and attack you.  I was just out wandering the dunes and sands and boom a certain low bodies mammal came in to visit me.  I had enough time to type look thing and read the description which isn't terribly frightening then all the sudden it's biting my face off.  Lesson learned, the wildlife doesn't normally just want to visit with you in Zalanthas...

My first forays into Magickers didn't really go well, because back then there was no...

QuoteMagick Reach                                                         (Magick)

The reach of magick, or its 'reality of effect,' is a topic which no
scholar has yet attempted. There appears to be no known reason behind their
sounds. What is known is that they will cause either a 'real' effect from
any magick, or they will subdue that effect and cause nothing to happen.
All speculations aside, there are only three known reaches:

Un - Full and real effect.
   Nil - No effect.
   Qntlz - Dispel a spell the character can cast.

So I'm sitting there running around outdoors testing all my fancy shit I can do as X magicker, to find myself trapped outdoors for a day or two, waiting on fancy magicker shit to wear off.

I DID actually die on a few magickers from that, because I was worried I'd get in trouble for having witch stuff on in town so I stayed outside and got eaten but legal, some would argue which is more honorable...

What about you guys?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

I would suggest to check out various stupid / silly things players have done in this thread:

Armageddon Achievements
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one