HRPT - Only YOU can stop Spam

Started by Bebop, November 18, 2022, 10:06:56 AM

QuoteSuggestions for those attending the HRPT, as most of you know it's going to be in a condensed area.  Use hemote and semote as much as you can vs regular emote if you think your actions would be 'lost in the crowd'.  Not to say you can't emote,  of course.

Also, the room(s) where this is happening will be set so that you do not go hungry/thirsty, to alleviate the need for people to eat/drink in such a crowded space.

I thought this was pretty cool.

Just a request that we all commit to reducing spam as I know I've already struggled with being able to follow anything.  Having an HRPT in one room is going to be bananas.

Let's add our other tips for reducing spam here.

-Reduce entering and leaving the room, make sure you have everything you need
-Be mindful of needless commands adjust your pack and containers before entering the room
-Take private conversations to other rooms or have them over the way
-Buy your goodies early if you can and remember you won't need eat and drink
-Be understanding if people miss what you said or did

Similar, but on a different note:

Stealth helpfiles suggest "Big crowds and distractions are the best time for a thief", but when there are 30 PCs/NPCs in one room, that just increases the odds of "getting caught".

Be lenient towards our (totally not elven) thiefly friends.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on November 18, 2022, 10:47:38 AM
Similar, but on a different note:

Stealth helpfiles suggest "Big crowds and distractions are the best time for a thief", but when there are 30 PCs/NPCs in one room, that just increases the odds of "getting caught".

Be lenient towards our (totally not elven) thiefly friends.

^
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Please be aware, too, that staff see everything. We volunteered for it, and we don't mind it, but please bear with us if things happen or we're a little slow to respond to something going on. Even if everyone sat there and did nothing (and how sad would that be?) our screens would still be filled with rapid-fire information to parse.

How can you help? Show up and have fun! Talk to or steal from people or stalk them or knife them if you have good reason, but maybe this isn't the time and place for spam-peeking to get your skill up. And bear with us if we're a little delayed. And of course, if you do plan on some sneakthievery or skullduggery or stealth and deception, try to let us know beforehand, so we're aware and aren't caught flat-footed by an emergent situation when things are already hectic.

Thanks, and remember: only YOU can prevent set forest Luir's on fire.*

*Disclaimer: that's a lie. We can too. Watch us.

This is going to be a very dull HRPT for anyone without scan, I'm afraid. But then 90% of the playerbase are Miscreants or Stalkers so that probably isn't too many.

The best advice I can give to reduce spam is to spread the heck out. There's plenty of rooms to chat and mingle in, in the main room as well as nearby tents.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 18, 2022, 02:15:53 PM
This is going to be a very dull HRPT for anyone without scan, I'm afraid. But then 90% of the playerbase are Miscreants or Stalkers so that probably isn't too many.

The best advice I can give to reduce spam is to spread the heck out. There's plenty of rooms to chat and mingle in, in the main room as well as nearby tents.

Not even close, haha.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on November 18, 2022, 02:15:53 PM

In 2021, roughly 72% of the characters created were classes that got 'Scan'.  I can't correspond any additional percentage of the subclasses that got scan, because that choice of class+subclass is not available, but roughly 12.5% of all subclasses chosen in 2021 gave the characters 'Scan'.

Roughly 10% of the characters created were Miscreant, and 12.5% of the characters created were Stalkers.

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one