Ibusoe: Discussion

Started by Bebop, November 14, 2022, 01:49:20 PM

What the heck did I just read?  What is going on?

Someone was trying to create drama by being an obvious troll. It was dealt with.
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.

I'm just so lost.  Where are the rape allegations?  I'm guessing they're posted elsewhere?

From what I've gathered.

Ibusoe felt that another player was "trolling pretty hard and is metagaming in the process"
Ibusoe submitted a player complaint at 9 pm on November 10th.
Ibusoe then emoted throwing semen at a player at 10:45 pm on November 10th.
Ibusoe then wished up and spoke with Halaster, and wanted to have their character transferred to another city.

I assume the "semen throwing event" was also another player complaint submitted against Ibusoe.  I would submit a player complaint if someone emoted that.
I assume that player complaint was investigated, and Ibusoe was banned for doing that.

What we don't know is when people started throwing around the word "rape" like a weapon.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I got really alarmed by the word rape and semen throwing but a few people pointed out what happened and I get it now.  Yeesh.

Power gaming, poor semen role-play.

It just magically appeared. He didn't appear to generate it or have it saved up in a container.

November 14, 2022, 03:14:38 PM #6 Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 03:17:44 PM by HazelHomewrecker
It seems like Ibusoe has been throwing the word 'rape' around a LOT, but has provided absolutely no proof and minimal explanation as to what actually happened. First it was "50+ hours of metagaming," on one player's part, now it's "50+ hours of sexual harassment" from that same player. For as long as the story continues to shift and change to fit the necessary perspective to shift blame off of himself and onto someone else because he did something gross and weird, I'm inclined to believe nothing other than the proof I've been shown--like the announcement.

They CLAIM that this character did "things" to them while unconscious, on multiple occasions, but have offered nothing to back that up.

No logs, no proof, no action. Just words being used to hurt other people.
My brain is constantly filled with the sound of elevator music, as the Gods intended.

November 14, 2022, 03:25:08 PM #7 Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 03:29:32 PM by Halaster
Quote from: HazelHomewrecker on November 14, 2022, 03:14:38 PM
It seems like Ibusoe has been throwing the word 'rape' around a LOT, but has provided absolutely no proof and minimal explanation as to what actually happened. First it was "50+ hours of metagaming," on one player's part, now it's "50+ hours of sexual harassment" from that same player. For as long as the story continues to shift and change to fit the necessary perspective to shift blame off of himself and onto someone else because he did something gross and weird, I'm inclined to believe nothing other than the proof I've been shown--like the announcement.

They CLAIM that this character did "things" to them while unconscious, on multiple occasions, but have offered nothing to back that up.

No logs, no proof, no action. Just words being used to hurt other people.

Someone brought that to my attention so I spent that last little while going over the logs.  Everything from both players, and I can say that Ibusoe is 100% fabricating the whole thing.  No such thing happened to him as far as I can tell from the logs.  He has provided logs of when he was disciplined by staff, but can't seem to generate them for the accusations against another character.

There is further suggestion that this is all attention-seeking behavior because he never once filled out a request or complaint about being sexually harassed.   The only request ever filled out by him on the topic was the one quoted and pasted by Shabago in https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,58627.msg1083454.html#msg1083454 .  His character was occasionally made fun of by others, but that's about the extent of it.  There is 0 evidence of his claim of what happened to him, but obvious logs as to what he did to others.  I can't speak as to what his motivations are, but I can tell you based on the evidence we have he is making it all up.

EDIT: added word 'sexually' to 2nd paragraph
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Ibusoe has a history of generally unhinged behavior and altogether wild accusations. I'm honestly surprised he wasn't banned already. So, genuinely, I think this was handled as well as it ever could've been, and I appreciate the transparency here.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Maybe don't go crazy dogpiling on the guy. I don't think he is in a good place right now.

If you have a disagreement with another player, and you feel they are cheating or metagaming or trolling:

Create a request and file it under player complaint.
-> Explain how you think they are metagaming or cheating, and give examples of situations where you think they are doing things that they shouldn't be.  Explain the context and summarize what happened.
-> Post a log, but have a summary of the characters involved and the events in the log up front.  Do not just post a log without context.
-> Post that you cannot play the game with this character, and would like to know the next steps to do.

Finally, do not play the game.  You have an unresolved issue with another player.  Do not allow a situation to happen -after- the player complaint but -before- its resolution.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: Dar on November 14, 2022, 03:35:29 PM
Maybe don't go crazy dogpiling on the guy. I don't think he is in a good place right now.

You are wise, and you are right. Agreed.

Agreed. Other than to say Multiple Murphy up in here.  :-X

Is anyone actually going to address the elephant in the room? Where does the semen come from? Is it some sort of secret Vivadu magick?

November 14, 2022, 04:04:20 PM #14 Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:09:32 PM by Inks
Nilazi, semen demon. Summoned from nothing duh.

From when I was younger, I of all people understand how it is to care too much about the game using it as escapism and ignore mental health issues. A long break to work on his own health will seriously be good for him.

Quote from: najdorf on November 14, 2022, 04:02:33 PM
Is anyone actually going to address the elephant in the room? Where does the semen come from? Is it some sort of secret Vivadu magick?

Pocket-sand type nonsense.
My brain is constantly filled with the sound of elevator music, as the Gods intended.

A bag of holding perhaps?  :-X

I -think- it's clear what's going on, and I don't think it's fair to Ibusoe to have an open discussion about him, considering what seems to be going on with him.  Any objections to me locking this?
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Oh not at all.

Close, close, close.

Yeah just close it up. Sounds good.