Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

If truth be told... I think I'm the reason... Nenyuk as a playable house died....
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

How'd you manage that? Raised the rent on Highlord's Tower ?

Quote from: Folker on January 15, 2008, 09:31:23 PM
Quote from: Fathi on January 15, 2008, 07:41:58 PM
Quote from: X-D on January 15, 2008, 06:41:06 AM
Heh, you suprised my PC by coming out the door so fast, Sorry had to attack...I can't even remember if my PC had weapons out.

I don't think you had weapons out. I seem to recall something along the lines of you punched him and he fell over dead. And I suddenly didn't want to spar you anymore, ever.

He was wielding two hammers. Fists could've KOd a character, but wouldnt put someone to negative hp (I hope).

Anything's possible. Even this:

The mekillot hits you in the head, doing horrendous damage.
The mekillot hits you in the neck, inflicting a grevious wound.
Your vision goes black.
                                _______                                ___
                              /\\_____//~-_                        _-~\\__
                             (~)       ~-_ ~-_                  _-~ _-~   
                            (~)           ~-_ ~-_            _-~ /-~     
Welcome to Armageddon!     (~)              `~-_ ~_======_--~~ __~       
                          (~)               _~_\__\____/__/_--\ ~`-_   
                           \           _-~~            _-~~~-_ \_  ~-_ 
You may:                    ~-       __--~`_    /   _-~         ~.     ~_
(N) Create a new account           -~        \     _~       ___,  \ ~-_  \
(C) Connect to your account      ,~ _-,       ~  _~         \   \  | , \ \ 
(V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode      / /~/      -~   /            ~  /  /  \~  \
(B) Toggle 'brief' menus        | | \     _~    |        __-~  / _/  \~  '\
(D) Documentation menu          \ ~-_~   -   |  _      ~-____-~ .~  \~    |
(X) Exit Armageddon             /`.  __~~   ~   `_          __-~   \~    \~
(?) Read menu options           \_ ~~   .  |  .   ~-____--~~   \ \_~   _/~ 
                                /\___--~       ~--_      /   ____~ _/~~     
                                \         /        ~~~___  /     _-\\~\     
                                /\       /                   _-\~\\~\\~\   
                               / | \   \ | /    /         _-~ )\\~\\~\\~~\ 
                              { /\ \             /      _~ \  ~`~~\\~~\\~~\
Read the documentation        { |\     __ _           _-\   \  \\~~\\~~\\~~\
menu before creating your     | ||~_ /`    ~\  /    _/~  )   | |\\~~\\~~\\~~
character, please.            | ||  \|"""""""|_ __-~     ;   | |~\\~~\\~~\\~
                              \ \\  ({"""""""}\\        _~  /  /~~\\~~\\~~\\

Nope, My PC did not use blunt weapons.  Or dual wield. Had to be unarmed...Oh, and his stats were on the silly side, which is why he did not use blunt weapons, in the byn using blunt he would have had MANY accidental kills sparring...rather then "accidental wink".
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Bestatte on November 24, 2003, 11:29:40 AM
A very young half-giant tried to teach my burglar PC how to pick pockets. This big hulking brute managed to steal a basket without my noticing almost every time, and plant it back in my inventory whenever I noticed it was missing. Eventually I got just barely good enough to steal a basket from the sekrit clan boss when he was idling in the sekrit place. Good thing he wasn't paying attention at the time, or he'd have killed me a lot sooner than he did :)

I was that half-giant.
Back from a long retirement

Once I pushed a great player to app for his/her first leadership role, and s/he went on to do an awesome job at it.

Another time someone apped a leadership role partly to play near my character, and they also did a great job at it.

Another time I decided to call for someone to fill a previously-VNPC family role, and the person who took the role was just coming back to ARM after a long absence and s/he got totally sucked into / addicted to playing, and was completely awesome.

Another time I took a clan that had no low-level minions in it, and built it up to have a handful of really cool roleplayers in it, playing those minion roles.

I have hosted a few RPTs that seemed to provide a lot of fun for people. One ended in a riot and narrow escape from execution. One ended in a dramatic death by spice overdose. Another required an "ooc consent for graphicness?" during the proceedings.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 23, 2008, 01:28:39 PM
Another required an "ooc consent for graphicness?" during the proceedings.

ooc YES!
ooc Yeah.
ooc Mhmm.
ooc DOOO IT!
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on January 23, 2008, 01:52:09 PM
Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 23, 2008, 01:28:39 PM
Another required an "ooc consent for graphicness?" during the proceedings.

ooc YES!
ooc Yeah.
ooc Mhmm.
ooc DOOO IT!

ooc Can I get your address? I need to break your left kneecap, to make this scene more real.

January 23, 2008, 04:28:34 PM #333 Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 05:25:33 AM by Folker
On my ... second I think character, I got invited into a Krathie temple and suckered to 'gather' inside Allanak. I was very new, and understood the helpfiles wrong, truly thinking that the only thing needed to cast a spell was knowing the spell combination, whatever guild you are. Oddly enough I survived the consequences.

I had a character in a unique situation where he found himself selling his own corpse to someone.  :o That character had some -crazy- times.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Spiderman link=topic=5835.msg313148#msg313148
I wasn't going to...but...okay...

Hung out with an odd crew that included Alkyone, Phaerys, Tellian, Rathaal, Ulathe, many others...

I knew Mia, Malkah and Mordaga in one life, Chrol, Kithian and Krenn in another...

I'm chopped lived now?  Sheesh.

Note to self: scalp more people next time.

January 28, 2008, 12:02:47 PM #336 Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:43:27 AM by Spiderman
 :D

I may have played Zalanthas's first professional wildlife photographer.

January 31, 2008, 07:39:06 PM #338 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 07:55:44 PM by psionic fungus
QuoteI once broke into an apartment, opened the door, saw two PCs resting on a bed and quickly closed the door behind me and snuck off.

Okay... There are a lot of things I could brag about... But I'm so modest and humble that I will only divulge this one, because it is so damn funny.  One of these days I will write a proper short-story based on it, as well...

So... I broke into an apartment, opened the door, went in the first room, and THEN saw two PCs resting on a bed in the next room. I hide behind something for a minute, then decided that it wasn't worth risking being caught and left the room.  Back in the hallway, I discovered that there was another PC busy looting an apartment I had unlocked previously.. Annoyed by this, I shouted something like, "Hey, we're in this other room, come join us!" while he was in the other apartment.

So, I hide and watch this guy stroll into the other apartment and start talking to these two other PCs... Who are totally freaked out.  I find out that said guy had a crush on the female in the bed, and she doesn't believe him for a second that the door was unlocked and someone told him to come in... And manage to sneak out without being spotted.

OMG, I almost died right there.

"I swear, there was some guy in a mask!"

It has occurred to me that I may have already bragged about this.  No matter, it's worth repeating.  HA HA! Plus, when I clicked on 'new' the first thing I saw was the quoted post and it brought back the memory. ;)
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 14, 2007, 04:52:11 PM

I once had a fairly large chunk of raw iron.

I'm fairly certain I know where that ended up.

And for one piece of bragging for me.

There's an IC mural of one of my PCs being a bad ass fighting off a dragon-like creature.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I'm sure I said this before...  but...

I played a character - a spiced drunk - who used to pass out in front of those people who wanted to kill him.

Kudos to those characters who didn't pull out their weapons and kill me right there on the spot, but would rather see my character suffer, and go broke, because of their influence in my character's life.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I had a character with a FORBIDDEN noun, mentioned by Sanvean. It was pretty rad.

He also fucked corpses.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I had a PC who had a badass steel weapon custom-made.  And then gave it away.

I invented the term 'nOObles.'

I played the aide of one of the most epic nobles evar.

Oh, and my clan is better than your clan. 

Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I brought the sexy back to Red Storm.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I never had a PC who fucked a corpse. (I'm bragging about this because it seems like I'm one of the few who never did so in game.)

It felt like I was doing so with many of my mudsex partners, though.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on March 31, 2008, 12:48:19 PM
I never had a PC who fucked a corpse. (I'm bragging about this because it seems like I'm one of the few who never did so in game.)

Sorry to spoil it, but you were. Remember Lord Templar Fancypants? Well, he was unresponsive because one of the best times for assassination is in bed.

I couldn't resist, sorry for the derail.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on March 31, 2008, 12:50:18 PM
Quote from: Malken on March 31, 2008, 12:48:19 PM

Sorry to spoil it, but you were. Remember Lord Templar Fancypants? Well, he was unresponsive because one of the best times for assassination is in bed.

I couldn't resist, sorry for the derail.

Stoooop!! You giving away my sekrits dood! :P [/derail]
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

March 31, 2008, 01:19:48 PM #348 Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:04:49 PM by manonfire
I had a character involuntarily fuck a severed head.

I want to brag here, but staff would spank me.

Watch this space in one and a half years or so.