Bragging (no ic spoilers please)

Started by Barzalene, November 23, 2003, 10:45:16 PM

Galdun's character was my character's Ed McMahon.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Durant on January 21, 2010, 01:06:37 AM

• Had Ihsahn Kasix eating out of the palm of my hand
  • Was appointed the governer of the north
  • Believe had the last PC to ever live in the Renolte estate (as least in an official capacity)

Was that in 2000?  Did you hire a little Kadian lad to clean it up?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

No no no... this was way back after the fall of Tuluk, right when Friels rest and The Vineyard were first opened... twas an little flame red and white number...  Got me all the chickas

Years ago on one of my first magickers I had no spells above the power of yuqa and had nearly every mundane I dealt with scared shitless with the boasts and stories I would make about what I did to this guy or that guy, when in reality I ran like a little scared girl from Scrabs.

I had a PC who spent more than an IG month studying ants, sort of. I was a little tired of that particular aspect of solo-rp afterwards. Found out what I was looking for though, more or less.

In response to the archery thread.....

I once took down a carru with a slingshot. 5 stones. They weren't crafted ammunition either. Just stones you forage for.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on January 21, 2010, 09:09:11 AM
I once took down a carru with a slingshot. 5 stones. They weren't crafted ammunition either. Just stones you forage for.

I once fought six combat rounds with a carru before I noticed my weapons weren't drawn.
I drew my weapons and finished the whole fight without a single hit.

January 21, 2010, 07:10:45 PM #1233 Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 07:16:38 PM by Bast
Quote from: MeTekillot on January 21, 2010, 05:57:38 PM
Quote from: tortall on January 21, 2010, 09:09:11 AM

Don't ask me why but this made me think of movie "The Blood of Hero's"  If you havent seen it its a great Arm movie about a desert world with next to no water. The movie basically follows this team of  "Juggers" that play this brutal game with a dog skull they keep track of time in the game by tossing stones at a bit of tin tied to a piece of whatever is laying around. The nobles remind me of house Borsail for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6qckMHp7wU
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

January 21, 2010, 07:24:46 PM #1234 Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:18:56 PM by Chettaman
I was once three hit by a spam bashing carru.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I once fucked a mekillot...and lived.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on January 21, 2010, 08:15:07 PM

log
some of my posts are serious stuff

I once killed a fuckalot.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: mansa on January 21, 2010, 01:55:49 AM
Quote from: Durant on January 21, 2010, 01:06:37 AM

• Had Ihsahn Kasix eating out of the palm of my hand
  • Was appointed the governer of the north
  • Believe had the last PC to ever live in the Renolte estate (as least in an official capacity)

Was that in 2000?  Did you hire a little Kadian lad to clean it up?

Yeah, it was around that time... hired a Kadian lad... I'm not sure, I did have a baby of a famous Kadian couple kidnapped.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Quote from: Ourla on January 22, 2010, 01:01:50 AM

Hehe, most of my PKs have been the result of that very thing.
Stop mudsexxing 9/11 and do your damn jobs before your boss has to fire/knock you off to make room for -productive- employees. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

what is a fuckalot

and log
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: Ghost on January 22, 2010, 10:00:28 AM

what is a fuckalot

and log

Fuckalot= Merchant/Templar Aide.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: jhunter on January 21, 2010, 08:15:07 PM

Funny, but I kinda did that too. Same character, even.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: Manhattan on January 19, 2010, 01:13:39 PM
What the hell is a lirapet?

its tamagochi for templars
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on January 24, 2010, 12:51:20 AM

This is something that took me five years to learn in game, shouldn't be talking about "lirapets" at all.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 24, 2010, 03:07:45 AM
Quote from: Bogre on January 24, 2010, 12:51:20 AM

This is something that took me five years to learn in game, shouldn't be talking about "lirapets" at all.

..Please tell me that was five IG years...

Man..the things we do, and don't learn about..I'm amazed, every time I hear about what someone else has learned about, and what they haven't.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

True that.

Every so often I have one of those "whoa really?" moments on the GDB, either because someone else did not know something I thought was common knowledge, or they just said something I was clueless about as if it were common knowledge.

I think a good test to decide how sensative something is to talk about though ... is to ask yourself: Could a newbie player easily find this in the game without having to risk life and limb?

I this case I think that would be a yes. If you play in the north and happen to walk past a templar npc and look at the weapon they're wielding ... bam. You have found a lirapet.

I wouldn't call that IC sensative.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

> tell pearl.haired.templar (cooing) Who's a good Lirapet?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: musashi on January 24, 2010, 05:35:30 AM
I think a good test to decide how sensative something is to talk about though ... is to ask yourself: Could a newbie player easily find this in the game without having to risk life and limb?

I this case I think that would be a yes. If you play in the north and happen to walk past a templar npc and look at the weapon they're wielding ... bam. You have found a lirapet.

Yes, it is IC sensitive. There are lots of things newbies can find out easily in game, that are IC sensitive.

I didn't know what a lirapet was.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 24, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: musashi on January 24, 2010, 05:35:30 AM

Yes, it is IC sensitive. There are lots of things newbies can find out easily in game, that are IC sensitive.

I didn't know what a lirapet was.

Me neither.  In fact I still don't.  I have to go find an NPC templar in Tuluk and look at them I guess.