Please update the site

Started by Fredd, June 17, 2022, 10:55:18 AM

Hello. I'm here to beg for the website to be updated. Especially in regards to Tuluk.

It's MASSIVELY out of date. It still has House rankings for Chosen Houses (this was done away with like 3 ages ago ic) The map is very confusing for newer players who seem to keep trying to go into Freils Rest. I swear there are two different Caste charts on the site as well.
Not to mention all the info for older versions of Arm are still available. Why do we have docs for classes that don't exist anymore that are easily found by new players clicking every link to learn everything?

I know we have that Ad comittee deal, and one of the first things we need to do before pushing for new players is make sure the onboarding isn't full of long outdated info.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I am almost 100% sure there are still house rankings? I've seen NPCs refer to them, at least.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
There is no room for doubt in power. -TJA, 5/20/22

I don't know about house rankings, but the failure to update the map and the directions command are a scourge. How is anyone who wasn't around before 2015 supposed to find anything? The shopping scene is difficult enough without the map just being plain wrong.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

This would be nice to see. I feel confident staff are working on this stuff but I can never be sure.

There is a tier for the Surif houses, I'll have to dig into that more when I'm not at work.

Quote from: sucre on June 17, 2022, 11:16:57 AM
I am almost 100% sure there are still house rankings? I've seen NPCs refer to them, at least.

It's REALLY hard to tell.

I can tell you FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT they were abolished IC. If you want, I can give you the exact ic date.

I referred to them IC in tuluk, and was corrected by the first set of Templars there, and asked staff, and was told they were abolished.

But i've had other staff refer to them to me, and they are still on the site.

So yeah, things are kinda confusing on that front too.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

June 17, 2022, 01:07:35 PM #5 Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 01:18:16 PM by Aruven
Quote from: Fredd on June 17, 2022, 11:49:57 AM

I can tell you FOR AN ABSOLUTE FACT they were abolished IC. If you want, I can give you the exact ic date.

I referred to them IC in tuluk, and was corrected by the first set of Templars there, and asked staff, and was told they were abolished.

What's that exact date?

The last date for anything post noble act 17 is:

1634 (Year 17 Age 22)
In an unprecedented utilization of shadow artistry, Houses Winrothol and Tenneshi band together to outfit a heavily armed contingent to assault House Uaptal's Estate, slaying most that reside within. Shortly thereafter, the Templarate and Legion both secure the former library assets of House Negean and establish heavy patrols of the Noble's Quarter. After a brief lull, the Triumvirate meets, abolishing the previous edicts to allow the nobility to govern vast swaths of the city-state directly. House Tenneshi is granted the assets of Uaptal having to do with natural resources, and House Winrothol is granted the assets of House Uaptal having to do with the breeding and sale of beasts of burden. House Kassigarh is granted writs to liquidate and secure loaned property to the former House Uaptal, and the financier House emerges as the new premier House in Tuluk.

This implies a tier and top and the striasiri and qynar being revoked while the templaret squeezed power.

Obviously some staff input would help but otherwise I'm confused about the "abolishing of house ranks" reference.

June 17, 2022, 01:09:54 PM #6 Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:35:19 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Aruven on June 17, 2022, 01:07:35 PM
Quote from: Fredd on June 17, 2022, 11:49:57 AM

What's that exact date?

The last date for anything post noble act 17 is:

1634 (Year 17 Age 22)
In an unprecedented utilization of shadow artistry, Houses Winrothol and Tenneshi band together to outfit a heavily armed contingent to assault House Uaptal's Estate, slaying most that reside within. Shortly thereafter, the Templarate and Legion both secure the former library assets of House Negean and establish heavy patrols of the Noble's Quarter. After a brief lull, the Triumvirate meets, abolishing the previous edicts to allow the nobility to govern vast swaths of the city-state directly. House Tenneshi is granted the assets of Uaptal having to do with natural resources, and House Winrothol is granted the assets of House Uaptal having to do with the breeding and sale of beasts of burden. House Kassigarh is granted writs to liquidate and secure loaned property to the former House Uaptal, and the financier House emerges as the new premier House in Tuluk.

This implies a tier and top and the striasiri and qynar being revoked while the temarey squeezed power.

Obviously some staff input would help but otherwise I'm confused about the "abolishing of house ranks" reference.

This space is reserved for the answer.  (gimme a bit)

Exact ic date for the dissolution of the house ranking in tuluk:   121st Day of the month Low Sun, in King's Peace, the Year 30 of this 21st King's Age. 

This was May 22nd, 2014, by Nyr:

The Triumvirate has met and the results have spread through
the city like a tregil with its tail on fire.

Coming at the top of announcements are that the Triumvirate
has rescinded the Intra-Territorial Restructuring Act (with all noble houses
opposed, of course). This means that all governorship powers of the
nobility are removed, which has many of the city's highborn in a huff.

On the heels of this news come some other matters voted on and
decided by the Triumvirate. House Winrothol has been said to be
the new House in charge of the former assets of House Uaptal
relating to the breed and sale of beasts of burden.  Similarly, House
Tenneshi has been placed over the former assets of House Uaptal
relating to the governance of the Ivory's natural resources.  Finally,
House Kassigarh has been granted writs to seize Uaptal assets
relating to something to do with extensive loans, though most
rumormongers go glassy-eyed trying to explain it.

One particular surprise emerging from the meeting is that House
Kassigarh has risen to the position of the premier House in Tuluk,
followed by Winrothol, Tenneshi, Dasari, and Lyksae.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I have discovered that one thing that really helps get things like this done is to do as much of the work as you can yourself.

Make a detailed document pointing out areas which need changes and proposing what those changes might be, in as much detail as you can. Then, offer that document to the relevant staff through the request tool, along with offering yourself (or yourselves) for feedback and to do as much of the modification as you can.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 17, 2022, 01:34:17 PM
I have discovered that one thing that really helps get things like this done is to do as much of the work as you can yourself.

Make a detailed document pointing out areas which need changes and proposing what those changes might be, in as much detail as you can. Then, offer that document to the relevant staff through the request tool, along with offering yourself (or yourselves) for feedback and to do as much of the modification as you can.

A lot of it is requiring clarity anyway, so it's not something we can do at this point. This is good advice for clear cut documents that need updating, though.

June 17, 2022, 02:35:45 PM #10 Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 02:41:14 PM by Fredd
updated my post with the exact IC date that the law was passed.

Was it brought back after that I can't find any refrences to it coming back.

Quote from: Fredd on June 17, 2022, 02:35:45 PM

Aruven's info is from after that, so it's DEFINITELY in need of staff clarification.

Quote from: sucre on June 17, 2022, 02:39:42 PM
Quote from: Fredd on June 17, 2022, 02:35:45 PM

Aruven's info is from after that, so it's DEFINITELY in need of staff clarification.

YES PLEASE!

for the record 100% for house rankings. Even if it doesn't come into play that often, the option for it is there.

House Kawaii ^_^ still reigns supreme in Tuluk.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on June 17, 2022, 05:51:28 PM

I believe you mean House Khomar.

Quote from: Hauwke on June 17, 2022, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: Malken on June 17, 2022, 05:51:28 PM

I believe you mean House Khomar.

That part of the site, has, regrettably been updated :P
Try to be the gem in each other's shit.