Kat's Overhauls

Started by Katima, June 03, 2022, 11:36:26 AM

June 03, 2022, 11:36:26 AM Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 11:50:52 AM by Katima
I figured it would be better to make a universal thread I could post new posts in when I shovel out changes to this potentially very broad topic.

You'll all remember this thread from a little bit ago where I went through and adjusted all soapcrafts ingame.

The start of this new thread is to announce that perfumes and strigil oils have also officially been updated. This is only Phase 1, though. There are going to be more changes coming, so I'm laying out a brief summary of my intentions below.

What you'll notice immediately:

• Perfumes only require 1 herb to craft now instead of 3.
  • Strigil oils require 3 herbs to craft now instead of only 1.

What you'll notice later on:

• As I go through and economize scents based off these changes, you will see the prices for both perfumes and strigil oils change.
  • Strigil oil costs will likely trend upward, since they'll now require more herbs to craft and were built before the Economization Project began, meaning their current costs do not reflect the value of their crafting difficulty either.
  • Perfume costs may raise very marginally depending on the value of their ingredients.
  • New soaps, perfumes and cleaning oils will find their way into the game.
  • You might see the number of shops ingame that buy perfumes increase. (Still pending approval.)
  • Perfumes will be adjusted such that they have 3 phases of potency reflected in their sniff output.
  • I'm going to adjust when potency messages change so that its easier to predict how much longer you have till the perfume runs out based on the potency message.
You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy. - Nightbirde

June 27, 2022, 11:05:14 PM #1 Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 11:26:13 PM by Katima
Phase 2 is officially rolled out!

Changes implemented in this phase:

• The duration 'per use' for all scent items has been increased to 9 IRL hours.
  • The prices for scents have trended slightly upward for perfumes, and a little more upward for strigil oils.
  • All merchants ingame have been updated to sell the updated versions of these scents.
  • Each 'potency phase' for scents lasts 3 hours. This may not be obvious on hard-coded scents, but for custom scents it means that when you see the 'faint' message, you know you have 3 IRL hours to reapply.

Now for a Story Break:

Joybane Merchants have recently discovered a new scent. Or maybe it would technically be considered a non-scent. They were trying to experiment with alecost blooms to create a new raw oil for their scents. Experiments backfired, and they wound up with an oil that not only doesn't have a discernible smell of its own, but it also doesn't bind with any other fragrances added to it! Instead of tanking all the coin spent on experimentation, Joybane chose to capitalize on the discovery, and are marketing this scentless alecost bloom oil as a "commoner's choice".

So if you're in need of something quick easy and cheap, and don't care if you just 'smell like nothing', then this is the oil for you!

What this Means:

• This oil is significantly cheaper than the normal scented oils and is even lower-cost than the raw oil used to craft scented oils.
  • This bottle comes with 5 uses, where all other strigil oils come with 3.
  • This oil doesn't have a discernible scent. It wipes away the smell of sweat and dust, but that's all.

Also please see this thread for information about getting old scents you may possess reimbursed.
You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy. - Nightbirde

September 13, 2022, 01:05:07 AM #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 01:10:43 AM by Katima
Phase Incense is officially rolled out!

Changes implemented in this phase:

• Recipes for all craftable incense have been adjusted to fall in-line with Economy expectations. What this means is that the crafting recipes give you a more realistic number of incense for the amount of herbs invested.
  • New incense have been added! You can find them for sale ingame at a couple relevant merchants.
  • Incense adjusted across the board such that durations are equal instead of wildly varied.
  • Bonus: Magnisa flowers have been updated with a scent, and are now the Zalanthan equivalent of jasmine.
  • Existing jasmine perfume has been updated and is now craftable, with updated scent descriptions! If you find yourself with an old version, please submit a reimbursement.