Updated Scent Reimbursements

Started by Katima, June 27, 2022, 11:25:34 PM

June 27, 2022, 11:25:34 PM Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 04:32:08 PM by Katima
Some big changes have come during this phase of my Scents Overhaul. Lots of values in existing items have been updated in a way that could not be retroactively applied to scents already in the game world. Instead of leading with 'just use up what you have', I've decided to try to meet players halfway on this and reimburse existing scents, if you follow my format. This format is to reduce stress placed on me and to make it easier for other staff to assist me if I get a supermega number of requests.

So this is how we're going to do this:

• I need you to collect all the scents you have into one container in one location. I will not be chasing scents across multiple rooms.
  • I need you to put in a Reimbursement Request titled Katima: Scent Reimbursement.
  • I need you to include the following information:
    • The exact name of the room.
    • Exact short description (sdesc) of the container the reimbursement items are in.
    • Look inside the container and copy me over the list of items you're presenting for reimbursement.

If I resolve your request and you find more items later, submit a new reimbursement with the same parameters.

As always, I thank you all for your patience and cooperation during this change, and I'm looking forward to general opinions of the changes so far. There is more still to come, see my main thread for more information and updates!

Update for 6/29/22: I've updated this to allow players to submit partials as well. Just bear in mind that it may take longer to resolve your reimbursement this way.

Update for 6/30/22: After some testing, we've discovered the only scent items that will need to be reimbursed are strigil oils and scents from a specific 'fancy' clan. These items previously had custom durations that override the changes we've made and result in them being short-lived compared to new purchases/crafts/loads of the same items.
You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy. - Nightbirde