Please be mindful of bullying and harassment.

Started by stoicreader, December 21, 2021, 08:08:51 PM

December 21, 2021, 08:08:51 PM Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:13:32 PM by stoicreader
It's a game, we come together to have fun. But some of you all cross a line. Maybe you're joking. Maybe you've got a point. But if someone asks you to stop, you need to stop. "No means no".

• Historically, we're much better than we used to be, but this has been a problem in the past, and I quit the game for a long time because of it (the FOIC kind). After my return I noticed it continued, but less so. So I stayed.
  • Some of my friends who I play with, after my return, also quit due to bullying and harassment OOCly. It was brutal and unnecessary.
  • Brokker made a post about tightening up the policy. Even staff side. And I appreciated it. I shared the new policy with my friends who quit as an appeal to get them to return.
  • Great strides were also made at preventing rape IG, spearheaded by Mansa. Thank you Mansa for being an advocate for the players! <3 <3
  • Lots to be thankful for all around, and one of my friends who quit, did return (not all of them).

I've been busy IRL and have not had time to play, and was preparing to hop back into the fray. Until I came across bullying and harassment against me at a joke post made in discord. While it did ultimately conclude: I do not feel protected from bullying and harassment in this game. Because of this, now that I have time, I choose to end my time here on Armageddon instead of continuing.

I dearly hope it's temporary, as this is a beautiful work of art. But as a woman in the middle of a divorce due to violence and bullying from the person you're supposed to trust most, Armageddon is simply not an appropriate place for me. I'm not afraid of letting you all publicly know, but there are many others who just quit, without a word. And they aren't emotionally distraught women, but successful fathers and businessmen.

Please. Be mindful. :( We're real life humans behind our avatars and characters. This is a small game in a dying medium and the staff and players are working so hard to make it something special. Please stop ruining it.

Have a beautiful Holiday and New Year. <3 <3 <3
-Stoa

Just to display the "joke" in question.
You try to climb, but slip.
You plummet to the ground below...

Quote from: Tranquil on December 21, 2021, 08:21:26 PM

Just to display the "joke" in question.

That was from 7 months ago.... 7. Months. Ago.

How is that appropriate?

Especially after asking them to stop. Over and over again.
-Stoa

As per the Forum rules:
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,51856.0.html

Posters should be respectful of one another. Flaming, baiting, trolling or abusing other posters in any way is forbidden. This rule extends to criticism and baiting of staff, as well as responding to such behavior with the same behavior in kind.

If you are not a moderator, do not moderate. Do not reply to a poster you believe is breaking the rules. Please use the "report to moderator" function instead.

If someone is being an asshole, don't tell them to shut the fuck up.  You're throwing fuel in the fire.

If someone says "stop harassing me", don't reply to them saying "I hope you have a nice day."  You're being a not-so-subtle asshole.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

December 21, 2021, 08:27:27 PM #4 Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:30:21 PM by Jahash
I just checked the logs, it was literally yesterday.

Also I'd like to note: we do NOT tolerate any kinds of covid or vaccination misinformation in this community.

December 21, 2021, 08:29:44 PM #5 Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:34:41 PM by stoicreader
Quote from: Jahash on December 21, 2021, 08:27:27 PM
The quote they cherry picked to harass me with, was from 5/7/21.

Edited to add: Yes, and it was taken out of context from 7 months ago.
-Stoa

Joking about sending a blanket with the germs of a person sick with COVID to the IRS is not funny. It's not a joke, it's inappropriate, and it happened last night not 5 months ago.

RESPONDING to that joke with potshots at the person who made the joke, is inappropriate.

That's why I stopped the conversation last night. I'm stopping it here as well.
Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

Quote from: stoicreader on December 21, 2021, 08:29:44 PM
Quote from: Jahash on December 21, 2021, 08:27:27 PM
The quote they cherry picked to harass me with, was from 5/7/21.

Edited to add: Yes, and it was taken out of context from 7 months ago.

In the United States, where the server is based, you can face criminal charges for willfully and with intent giving someone covid.

Your initial "joke" about sending your blanket to the IRS is not only not funny but also malicious in nature.

A:  Quit spewing misinformation
B:  Quit making "joke" threats
C:  Start being a respectful member of the community

These are not hard rules, so I hope you can start following them as my patience grows thin.

Also, interestingly, bringing up history is not harassment by any means.

You said what you said.  They aren't harassing you by quoting you.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill