Can We Standardize Feathers/Bundles and Cloth/Lengths?

Started by Fernandezj, August 05, 2021, 02:21:53 AM

I've had repeated issues with trying to open, take apart, craft, or otherwise deconstruct bulk items that have smaller pieces. Like bolts of cloth into lengths of cloth. My most recent nightmare is black feathers and the large bundle into the small bundle. With white feather bundles it operates under cook (whatever it works). For black bundles it doesn't seem to and operates under open (for the larger one) and nothing for the smaller.

Can anyone help me figure out how to open a bundle of feathers? And can we maybe have all of them standardized?

You get your medium bundle of dusky black feathers from <redacted>.

craft feathers
You don't think you could craft that into anything.

open bundle
You untie the piece of twine.

inv
You are carrying:
a few small bundles of dusky black feathers

craft feathers

open feathers
You can't find a way to open a small bundle of dusky black feathers.

break feathers
<error here, no line return>

pull feathers
You don't have that weapon sheathed.

look in feathers
That is not a container.

I gave up at this point. I can't think of any other command, and there is nothing intuitive in the description... any advice?

Did you try bundle again?

I'd agree, though ... the operative should always be the main noun, which is bundle of feathers, or box of cookies, etc.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

August 05, 2021, 01:18:26 PM #2 Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:44:33 PM by Fernandezj
Bundle does not work either.  :(
I ended up just doing a request, but would still like it if things were standard.

get bundle
You pick up a small bundle of dusky black feathers.
It is very light.

look bundle
Five long feathers have been tied together with a spare piece of string,
their quills a natural, dusky black. 

open bundle

craft bundle

look in bundle
That is not a container.

break bundle

Break for some reason on certain bundles.

Yes it's a fucking mess.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Have you attempted to create a ticket about this, or bugged the item in game?

You know how it works, right?

One year, one staff member creates a bundle item for feathers.
Another year, another staff member creates another bundle item for feathers, because they liked the idea the first staff member created.
Three years later, another staff member creates another bundle item for feathers, because they liked the idea the second staff member created.

When you call it a fucking mess, you're shitting on multiple ex-staff members.  Just so you know, that's what you're doing.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on August 05, 2021, 02:15:39 PM
Have you attempted to create a ticket about this, or bugged the item in game?

You know how it works, right?

One year, one staff member creates a bundle item for feathers.
Another year, another staff member creates another bundle item for feathers, because they liked the idea the first staff member created.
Three years later, another staff member creates another bundle item for feathers, because they liked the idea the second staff member created.

When you call it a fucking mess, you're shitting on multiple ex-staff members.  Just so you know, that's what you're doing.

It's a happy little accident.

Both the medium and small open with "open", so I am not sure what the issue is.

As a note, because its happened to me before:

keyword bundle

Sometimes, a cloak you're wearing might have the "bundle" keyword and its targetting equipment first
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

August 05, 2021, 06:23:24 PM #8 Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:24:59 PM by Fernandezj
I have submitted a request about it - I mentioned it in my second post, but might've been lost  :D

Open does not work (now at least). Perhaps it did work and has since broke due to some other circumstance.

Thanks all for the assistance.

keyword bundle
In Inventory:
  1.bundle - a small bundle of dusky black feathers

open bundle

keyword feathers
In Inventory:
  1.feathers - a small bundle of dusky black feathers

open feathers

Does Break Bundle work?
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

No. I've tried all the commands on all the different keywords, and got nothing.

Quote from: Fernandezj on August 05, 2021, 06:23:24 PM
I have submitted a request about it - I mentioned it in my second post, but might've been lost  :D

Open does not work (now at least). Perhaps it did work and has since broke due to some other circumstance.

Thanks all for the assistance.

keyword bundle
In Inventory:
  1.bundle - a small bundle of dusky black feathers

open bundle

keyword feathers
In Inventory:
  1.feathers - a small bundle of dusky black feathers

open feathers

You should bugrep it, rather than submit a request. Requests don't give us object numbers, or which room the object is in when you bugged it.  A bugrep only needs to be a brief line - something like

Quotebug bundle open, break, craft, unbundle/bundle, feathers, black returns "You can't find a way (etc)."

Halaster — Today at 10:29 AM
I hate to say this
[10:29 AM]
I'll be quoted
[10:29 AM]
but Hestia is right

It's very annoying that the mount name comes first when you're on a mount in a room.

Much easier to identify people if the figure came first, then the mount.