Documentation For What Wear Locations Cover Other Wear/Tattoo Locations

Started by creeper386, August 01, 2021, 08:31:34 PM

Not sure best place for this. Hopefully this works.

Would love this to be included in the help files. Would hate to get something I think is exciting just to find out it's kind of a waste because of how cloaks work or because I didn't know x tattoo location was covered by y.
21sters Unite!

If you ASSESS ITEM it will tell you what it covers. 

In shops, VIEW # will show you the location they cover as well.

Then that way you can plan tattoos.

Help Wear Locations will help as well.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

If I have a tattoo on my pelvis

Will wearing a cloak cover it up?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on August 01, 2021, 09:15:29 PM
If I have a tattoo on my pelvis

Will wearing a cloak cover it up?
I believe if you CLOSE CLOAK, same way it blocks belt and sheathed weapons.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Clothing can be flagged to cover numerous locations as well. So yeah, check them to see if they cover anything you didn't expect.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

add a flash command? Something that will show tatts/piercings/undies/whatever is equipped under the layer you use the command on. If you have a tatt of Vennant on your pelvis under a thong and pants you can `flash pants` to show your thong or `flash thong` to show that hot Vennant the Barkeep tatt.

Practical purpose: showing your citizenship inks under a pair of gloves without needing to free up inventory.

Comical purpose: show off ur sick frontal tramp stamp of Vennant.

sophisticated and classy roleplay only

Editing to add disclaimer: men and women can be tramps, there is nothing you can report in my post. "Tramp stamp" is a great term and my friend who has a frontal tramp stamp is a dude. Please do not report this post, please don't let me be misunderstood.
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

There has to be some consistent reason behind it or just every piece of clothing is Willy nilly tagged with what it covers?
21sters Unite!

Quote from: creeper386 on August 02, 2021, 02:01:11 AM
There has to be some consistent reason behind it or just every piece of clothing is Willy nilly tagged with what it covers?
If you look at the mastercraft template that is how they make items.  So you have probably dozens of people over the years making items that are similar.  One might have been made by a staffer twenty years ago and another custom crafted by a player and approved for general use etc.

Tons of people with fingers in the pot is probably why it's inconsistent.

My point is there are probably some general rules applied.like sleeves probably cover arms right? If they cover more then that they maybe aren't sleeves. Now maybe occasionally they are longer or fancier maybe cover lower arms or hands sure but that's probably an exception.

I just would like to know what is generally the plan without actually trying to touch every object in game to figure it out.
21sters Unite!