Tuluk Changes Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 19, 2021, 05:09:34 PM

Where did the remaining bards relocate to?   Is there a new theatre or is that a plot for the new nobles to figure out?   Where do the bardic circles go?

Answered in here:
https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/Bards%20of%20Poets%27%20Circle
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I will make sure that I will respect you all's hard work and not wreck it. Promise.

Also I'm ready for the challenge attached to the changes.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Sorta excited to visit Tuluk again in general.

It's been forever since I've been in the sun kings sanctuary.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Hell yeah. So very happy it's open again. And I say that as a Nakki fanboy.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

It's also sorta funny that new characters are starting INSIDE Tuluk but the gates are closed.

It's like the walking dead, just open empty streets, "Hello!" Echo echo echo.

If you guys get bored, come to the Scaien Gates and we can shout to one another from opposite sides lol.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

It's crazy that I played Tallis' first sweetheart like a billion years ago. I think both of our PC's were 13.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

It would be embarrassing to play a Tuluki from inside and not know the layout though, so a head start for some folks...

July 31, 2021, 04:26:23 PM #57 Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 04:34:22 PM by The7DeadlyVenomz
Quote from: Pariah on July 31, 2021, 03:33:37 PM
It's also sorta funny that new characters are starting INSIDE Tuluk but the gates are closed.
Not really - they've only know that their entire life, in all likelyhood. In fact, for most born inside the walls, going to the grasslands is a whole new world. Old dwarves and elves might remember it, and very old humans. But you don't know all of those prime hunting spots and whatnot unless you were born in Morin's. You've never seen a kryl. Or a gortok, and probably not even a real live tregil.

Quote from: Malken on July 31, 2021, 03:40:46 PM
It's crazy that I played Tallis' first sweetheart like a billion years ago. I think both of our PC's were 13.
The players too, probably. Heh.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Brokkr on July 31, 2021, 04:13:36 PM
It would be embarrassing to play a Tuluki from inside and not know the layout though, so a head start for some folks...

Meh, we manage to gloss that over every other time that happens.

July 31, 2021, 05:02:46 PM #59 Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 05:17:05 PM by Pariah
Ohh yeah, I'm not talking shit just found it humorous.

I've played in Tuluk before and I am gonna be wandering around like a tourist!

Also I'm hoping against hope that people aren't gonna to flood the shops with goods from day one.

I used to hate that during resets when everyone would rush the shops to make their weekly coins

Most Tuluki PCs starting in Tuluk who supposedly have never left the city will still find their way to Luir's in 5 minutes and be master of the Grasslands hunt in 10 minutes.

Just let us in! Like someone said, we "pretend" all the time for everything else :)

Random aside, will DIRECTIONS work in Tuluk?

Quote from: Malken on July 31, 2021, 05:38:45 PM

Most Tuluki PCs starting in Tuluk who supposedly have never left the city will still find their way to Luir's in 5 minutes and be master of the Grasslands hunt in 10 minutes.

Just let us in! Like someone said, we "pretend" all the time for everything else :)

There are also a bunch of players that died during the RPT, made PCs in Morins afterwards, and now seem to be waiting around.

Prediction, many characters wasting their starting coin partying in Tuluk to end up role playing starving beggars in the streets.

Quote from: Pariah on July 31, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
Prediction, many characters wasting their starting coin partying in Tuluk to end up role playing starving beggars in the streets.

We call them Tuluki Bards.

Wow! Love it all, and after so many fucking years..still love it. Kudos to all old and new, staff, and the dying characters in this ongoing story. You rock!
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean