Tuluk Changes Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 19, 2021, 05:09:34 PM

I imagine there will be some discussion around the updated helpfile content as we publish.

July 19, 2021, 05:24:25 PM #1 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 05:30:29 PM by Veselka
Nice stuff.

I don't remember these earthquakes but definitely remember all the Spooky Shit that happened around Tuluk's closure, and I imagine there will be mention of that in later help files (Like City Tuluk). It might be nice to mention when these earthquakes were, roughly, before the opening of the gates (25 years before the gates re-opened, there were cataclysmic earthquakes that severely damaged Tuluk and its infrastructure, etc).

Overall the helpfile is helpful and reads nicely!

EDIT:
Speaking of the Tuluk Helpfile, it may be Helpful to split it into something like 'Tuluk: Ancient History' and 'Tuluk: Modern History'. The helpfile is already pretty bulky and information that is like cherry-on-top-nice-to-know but not relevant to even Tuluk before it closed, so it might be cool to have all of that in a different helpfile, and whatever new stuff that is the Most Relevant in the actual Tuluk Helpfile.

For people like me who are very familiar with Tuluk or the few iterations of Tuluk, it's comforting to read all that stuff, but for people who have never played in Tuluk (Which I'm realizing is actually a large part of our current player population) it may be helpful to separate the old-old from the new-new.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Without any estates and emporiums, wouldn't the GMH and Luir's be over influenced by Allanak? Perhaps it's going to be a plot point for them to rebuild. Otherwise it would seem to be missing that balance.

JFC, I'm trying to cram a whole year of work ahead of me in just a week just so I can be ready to play in the new Tuluk  ;D
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on July 19, 2021, 05:28:54 PM
JFC, I'm trying to cram a whole year of work ahead of me in just a week just so I can be ready to play in the new Tuluk  ;D

CRAM WEEK

--Immanuel Kant

I like that a bunch of the quarters have been axed! Tuluk always seemed a little too large for what it was, and shrinking its real estate is definitely a good idea.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: SilkyBoi on July 19, 2021, 05:28:19 PM
Without any estates and emporiums, wouldn't the GMH and Luir's be over influenced by Allanak? Perhaps it's going to be a plot point for them to rebuild. Otherwise it would seem to be missing that balance.

I feel like this might be by design -- And maybe a cool beginning plot point for GMH / Northie Templars / Northie Nobles to entice them to come back.

I mean, by design, the economy of North v South is highly intriguing and profitable. Obsidian and Wood, a match made in heaven, imports + exports, markup, etc. So it's lucrative to be sure, but probably costly to rebuild holdings.

Man, I cannot wait for Tuluk to reopen.

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Patuk on July 19, 2021, 05:32:04 PM
I like that a bunch of the quarters have been axed! Tuluk always seemed a little too large for what it was, and shrinking its real estate is definitely a good idea.

100%

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Veselka on July 19, 2021, 05:30:50 PM

CRAM WEEK

fml
ARMAGEDDON SKILL PICKER THING: https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/
message me if something there needs an update.

The same earthquakes that rattled Allanak and opened a huge ravine in the Salt Flats.

Quote from: SilkyBoi on July 19, 2021, 05:28:19 PM

I'd be surprised if Tuluk welcomed the GMH with open arms. To many, their submission to a southern army is likely seen as openly siding with Allanak.
3/21/16 Never Forget

Get ready for the cerulean-eyed fme man.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Malken basically has to make good on his RL Year of shit-talking and saying 'I'll only play if they re-open Tuluk'.

--Immanuel Kant

So hyped for this new chapter!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

July 19, 2021, 06:07:59 PM #14 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 06:12:10 PM by Malken
Quote from: Iiyola on July 19, 2021, 05:44:13 PM
Quote from: Veselka on July 19, 2021, 05:46:39 PM
Malken basically has to make good on his RL Year of shit-talking and saying 'I'll only play if they re-open Tuluk'.

These two facts may or may not already be happening  :P

I don't need no Tuluk to f' my way to the top, but it helps!

- Malken '21

Quote from: Malken on July 19, 2021, 06:07:59 PM
Quote from: Iiyola on July 19, 2021, 05:44:13 PM
Quote from: Veselka on July 19, 2021, 05:46:39 PM

These two facts may or may not already be happening  :P

I don't need no Tuluk to f' my way to the top, but it helps!

- Malken '21

Welcome back to the fold, Malken.

*hides the dagger behind the small of his back*

We've been expecting you.

--Immanuel Kant

Muahahahahahahahahahaha....
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

July 19, 2021, 06:22:07 PM #17 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 07:55:35 PM by Khorm
are there still gmh holdings?

how does the non-citizens quarter effect this?

nevermind this shit is in the helpfiles

https://www.armageddon.org/help/view/The%20Closing%20of%20Tuluk

"The last known people to enter Tuluk did so fifteen years after the gates were closed, right before a complete mental barrier descended upon the city."

Q.
How did the people inside Tuluk get food to survive, if the gates are closed?
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on July 19, 2021, 06:41:35 PM

"The last known people to enter Tuluk did so fifteen years after the gates were closed, right before a complete mental barrier descended upon the city."

Q.

Mrentaki Plains/Scrub, Tenneshi scrub, Malbken Gardens, Gorlen Plains, Reynolte Plains....all those rooms are inside the walls.  They used to have NPCs that were farmers...working them, although now it is just one overseer NPC it looks like, described as overseeing field slaves.

Quote from: mansa on July 19, 2021, 06:41:35 PM

Q.

I hope there's going to be an opening of the gates RPT where citizens will line up the streets and throw flowers at us as we enter the gates and hand out travel cakes and give us soft kisses on the cheeks. I missed you so much my Tuluk babeh  :'(

*hard stare* The gates were never closed, citizen.  Everyone knows that.

The Kadius Northern Estate is destroyed, yes?

Oh man alive.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Tuluk opening has me all giddy. Especially liking the idea of SECT OF THE CRESCENT MOON. Having a potential advancement path for nobles can be a strong motivator. SHOPKEEPERS are something I also love playing around with. SoI and FEM had some of the best PC business setups, and I really miss those, and being able to play around with these in ARM without huge amounts of investment is going to be great. Loving these updates!
Death is only the beginning...