Daughter/Woman Discussion

Started by Brokkr, July 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM

July 18, 2021, 11:55:48 AM Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:06:31 AM by Brokkr
This may be a tricky walk between what is presented and TMI.  But if you want to discuss, here we are!

Irregardless?   Irregardless?

Sigh. I need some Tho.

Nice shit.

I miss the 'Coming Soon....' stories. This definitely scratches an itch in the game, and makes me wish original submissions were more accessible and easier to submit to.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Niiiiiice.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Thanks for the peek, looking forward to more!

p.s. Does she need a brother? I seem to be between characters now..

I don't know any IC information. This is purely speculation.

But I get the impression this story is of Undertuluk or a portion of it not flooded.

I don't get Nakki Vibes from this story. It could also be under Luir's, but I don't know if luir's has an under. So *Shrug*
-Stoa

Quote from: stoicreader on July 18, 2021, 02:58:38 PM

But I get the impression this story is of Undertuluk or a portion of it not flooded.

I don't get Nakki Vibes from this story. It could also be under Luir's, but I don't know if luir's has an under. So *Shrug*

It's in the writing, Outpost, Archive, its there. It doesn't say explicitly where said archive is however.

The Archive is really just a room with a Faithful Lady who's  been tube-fed for the last 50 IC years.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Hauwke on July 18, 2021, 03:11:44 PM

It's in the writing, Outpost, Archive, its there. It doesn't say explicitly where said archive is however.

YMMV depending on how much IC knowledge you have accumulated over the years, with this story.  Players have been in the Kuraci Archives over the years, with access to secret places, etc., so they have a deeper understanding.  One of the things that makes this a tricky line.

Quote from: Vox on July 18, 2021, 02:55:26 PM
Thanks for the peek, looking forward to more!

p.s. Does she need a brother? I seem to be between characters now..

lol

--Immanuel Kant

Quote from: Brokkr on July 18, 2021, 06:09:34 PM
Quote from: Hauwke on July 18, 2021, 03:11:44 PM

YMMV depending on how much IC knowledge you have accumulated over the years, with this story.  Players have been in the Kuraci Archives over the years, with access to secret places, etc., so they have a deeper understanding.  One of the things that makes this a tricky line.

That is true, it is entirely possible I'm wrong because I have never been. I knew of their existence due to recent events but that's the extent of my experience.

I want Kurac to have freaking Mentats!

"..old kings die."

YESSSSSSS
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

July 19, 2021, 12:20:15 PM #13 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:28:42 PM by Malken
This is professionally written and super exciting.

Great job whoever(s) wrote that!

Also: "Old kings die... New king rise." ?
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I love this.  It's so intriguing.  There are aspects of it that I -think- I understand and which link to IC events long ago. There are other parts which I can only make wild guesses about.  And still other parts which I fear I'll never fully understand.  How many chapters are there to this book?  I want to skip to the last one!  :-p 

Instead of a dark lord....YOU WOULD HAVE A QUEEN.

--Immanuel Kant

Yes! A queen! Not a king! A queen!
Fredd-

July 19, 2021, 02:19:45 PM #18 Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:22:18 PM by mansa
Quote from: williamson on July 19, 2021, 01:52:32 PM
https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,56309.msg1054814.html#msg1054814

Perhaps this is a clue?

I think it's this:

https://www.armageddon.org/world/chronology.php

1678 (Year 61 Age 22)
A relatively unknown sorcerer takes up residence near the Lord of Ash statue upon the salt flats and tricks several nearby tribes into believing he really is the ancient being. Under his secret command and prompting, more and more tribes are brought into the fold or forcibly conquered and conscripted. Knowing well that Allanak would not suffer a threat to rise, this three hundred strong band of tribals and raiders reach out to a small northern group and that of the Crimson Wind of Red Storm to bolster their numbers. When the war comes, sizeable casualties are had on both sides, and after a few weeks, Allanak kills this group to the last. The unnamed sorcerer is never confirmed among the dead.

https://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,57005.msg1063122.html#msg1063122
Yaraya turned her body to face her daughter, her entire attention focused on the small child in front of her.  Deserving of such attention as few were, not only because of the blood tie, but because while others might think the girl odd, Yaraya knew from experience that not fully focusing would put herself at a disadvantage. "He is dangerous,  powerful and reports say he was not found.  We should not assume he is," said the woman, built of hard, brutish muscle.

"He left his own to die.  He has knowledge and power.  Useful, but not trustworthy," said the child.  Her mother could only nod her head in agreement, wondering how it was that this is what her daughter took from the meeting of the most influential in the Outpost, listening as she sat at the edge of the room.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I have no idea what's going on but I just wanted to say this is my favorite story I've ever seen posted by staff.  Very well written.  Back to lurking.

Quote from: Bebop on July 19, 2021, 08:22:28 PM
I have no idea what's going on but I just wanted to say this is my favorite story I've ever seen posted by staff.  Very well written.  Back to lurking.
You.  :)
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

All this magickery stuff makes me want to get into the hardcore nonsomatic elementalism, ritual magick, sorcery, and defile a few scattered places of lushness

Very cool behind the scenes peak.

REALLY good story, it's going to be really hard for a lot of people to remember to keep separate the Big Bad Yaraya narrative IC versus this story which is definitely a lot more sympathetic towards motivations...

Quote from: Dar on July 19, 2021, 02:59:39 AM
I want Kurac to have freaking Mentats!
Frank Herbert was very old, I think the polite term now is high functioning

Programmers/sorcerers that can write amazing stories haha :)

July 21, 2021, 11:56:42 AM #24 Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 12:43:19 PM by Barsook
Fredd-