Make up an interesting lie

Started by Lotion, April 09, 2021, 08:36:43 AM

Since the reopening of Tuluk, the former elite military unit called the Ivory Circle has been rebuilt.   The most physically talented from any walk of life can now enter martial arts training in a bizarre, sexual ritual and pose practice.

Southern warriors are heard to nickname the group the Pink Circle, but admit that learning from former Jihaens has some painfully effective advantages.
Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

The Listless are a playtest for allowing unattended scripting in Armageddon.

Tuluk has been open this whole time. If you weren't there, you weren't cool enough to have access to the cool kids only club.

If you get Analyze to Master, you unlock the ability to cast spells no matter your class/subclass.
"This is a game that has elves and magick, stop trying to make it realistic, you can't have them both in the same place."

"We have over 100 Unique Logins a week!" Checks who at 8pm EST, finds 20 other players but himself.  "Thanks Unique Logins!"

Halaster didnt become staff.   Burying him alive was done as a sacrifice to raise Tuluk from the dead.

The day after the Tuluk gates opened, a wildfire ripped through the few remaining Dasari coffee fields situated outside the Heart.   In the following days, the ranks of the Listless have been rumored to be growing.

Just as it looked like Allanaki forces would hold and fortify Luirs Outpost, male models soldiers from House Oash and Fale got into a huge slapfight.   Cooler heads convinced them to settle it via an ancient challenge format called a "walkoff".   All Allanaki forces promptly left for the south to participate in this upcoming fashion arena event.

Tribal Half Giant mud orgy roleplay causes earthquakes.

All of the great sorcerer powers of the known are embodiments of magick moods.

The Dragon's name is Echri: The destroyer.

The Sand Lord seems to not interfere with anything and is Nikiz: The passive watcher.

The Original Muk Utep was Hurn: the mad brutal one. (A hitherto unknown warrior named Muk Utep sacks the twelve tribes at Gol Krathu with an army of terrible barbarians out of the northwest. The tribes called the Elves of Mallok and the Twin Warlocks are among the conquered. The city-state of Tuluk begins to rise under Utep the Sun King. )

Later on another powerful sorcerer killed him and due to the current psionic nature of Tuluk I would infer the current Muk Utep is Inrof: The seeker of the hidden, the revealer.

Or maybe the current Muk Utep is the same entity and now merely embodies another Magick Mood.

The Queen from Daughter Woman is Viod: The neutral maker. (Brokkr specifically said that he included a bunch of different inspirations for her physical form and many players speculated that she is "neutral" in many ways and Brokkr didn't correct us when we speculated about her being neutral but did correct us when we made other false assumptions.

Tektolnes is Chran: The master, the will of the dominant for obvious reasons.

Shabago's name is a killing word.

In the sewers of Allanak and deep in Undertuluk there is a fungus that makes you instantly regain 30 focus if you eat it.

Quote from: Dar on September 26, 2021, 05:32:55 PM
In the sewers of Allanak and deep in Undertuluk there is a fungus that makes you instantly regain 30 focus if you eat it.

THOSE FUNGUS REFILL YOUR PSI JUICE DOG
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

epic magick lore speculation alert
[spoiler]The Council of Kings in the chronology "created" the demiplane of Zalanthas as part of a magical experiment involving the plane of Nilaz. Basically, they wanted to try and fill the void and the way they went about accomplishing this was by using the power of the elemental planes to literally fill the void. The reason all life in Zalanthas is tied to the elemental planes is because Zalantas literally feeds on their power to merely exist. The reason Zalanthas is in a constant state of decay is because the void is infinite and all consuming. No matter how much energy is channeled from the elemental planes there will always be space in the void for it to fill.

Spells are cast by intoning the name of a horn of what is the Zalanthan equivalent of Cthulu (but more like the void as a being. Calling it a physical embodiment would be inaccurate as the void itself cannot have a physical embodiment) and then expressing the caster's intent through a magical reach to determine the extent and nature of the energy channeled from an elemental plane. The next three words which make up the actual spell's name specify which plane to channel energy from and then by intoning the names of two members of the Council of Kings the energy is shaped to have a specific effect depending on which members of the Council of Kings's names are intoned. The reason one Magick Sphere and one Magick Mood are required in that order is because the Magick Spheres are the names of members of the Council of Kings who are preservers while the Magick Moods are defilers. By invoking the name of a preserver before a defiler it allows the energy to more easily and willingly enter Zalanthas and to give it some basic form as it is channeled across planar boundaries. Invoking the name of a defiler afterwards allows the energy to be refined more specifically to the will of the caster.

The importance and effects of invoking the name of a preserver before a defiler are also reflected in how gathering codedly works. A preserver gathers from themselves using the inherent, yet weak, connection they (and every living thing has) to the elemental planes to draw the magical power from them. A defiler gathers from other living things, taking the energy their victims already have and refining it to suit their needs.[/spoiler]

Tuluk was in cahoots with the Kuraci Archivists

The Gol Krathu is actually called the Grol Krath but due to how language develops over time the original tatlum name of the region was lost.

Also, the Vrun in Vrun Driath was originally Hurn.

Quote from: Lotion on October 16, 2021, 04:49:10 PM
Tuluk was in cahoots with the Kuraci Archivists
Actually, the "modern day" Tan Muark are the Kuraci Archivists.

Everyone talks about apping spiders or rantarri.    No one seems willing to admit that staff has approved at least one rat pc.

Midway through her ten years as the hidden Face of the Guild, Borsail Senior Advisor Nell strangled Lord Templar Aden Oash in her office after drugging his wine. This was done as her response to the execution of her favorite informant in the Alleys.

After clearly admitting to the murder, rumor says she bribed her way out of it via past service to the Templarate, and a basket of her Wyvern-shaped vordak sours for the Great Lord overseeing the investigation.

But which part(s) are true, and which part(s) would be a lie?  :o

Just like the moving volcano, the Muarki water slides were not destroyed.   The Red Fangs relocated/stole them.

With their fiery passions thus satisfied, the Fangs retired from raiding to the good life.

City elf nilazi have developed a way to steal the black gems of Allanak from their wearers.   Problem is, the process leaves a black gem scar on the victim, making it very easy for angry templars to exact punishment on the formers gemmers, who must have wanted it to occur.

The rinth is a House Tor eugenics project.  An early Lord of that House had a vision of troops who had experienced every loss and degradation, and still fought.   He immediately started breeding for these hard faced murderers.

If your character can branch the right spells, creation vivaduans can now brew alcohol without a still object, and guile krathi can now use cook recipes that require a fire, without a fire object in the room.

It is now possible to sniff out the one approved elkran in the game due to the special quasi-sexual electro-shock social verb they and only they get.

Here's a good one. Everyone had to learn and play the game from perspective 25 years ago. I'm not sure most could handle it without crying. Oh, I'm lying.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

I launched this game from the ground up and coded the entire framework we still use today. I have been roleplaying characters with you all because I want to experience the creation I have made and see how it is being interacted with on a personal level.

I think Aruven wins this round.