Make up an interesting lie

Started by Lotion, April 09, 2021, 08:36:43 AM

November 22, 2021, 04:47:46 PM #100 Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:05:36 PM by Halcyon
A nameless Nilazi created the first enchanted weapons on Zalanthas.   It is unknown how many were made, but all are bone weapons with human teeth, raptor spurs, and the like grown in such a way as to form a cutting edge.   

These weapons are vicious blood drinkers.  When they inevitably snap under heavy use, they are reborn, growing inside the body of a living creature until they cut and claw their away out once again.

Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fiiiiiine.

There is travel cake.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Kadius has started to offer a macabre suite of new furniture. decorations, and such.   All are formed from living creatures encased in amber, or bone burnt alive, or otherwise killed painfully before being subjected to elemental forces which shape the remains.

The reality is that the trees of the Grey Forest got pissed off, but decided against going to war.   They decided to do to Man what had been done to them.

These days the  rustle of trees in the Grey Forest sounds suspiciously like vicious laughter, always sounding in soft pulses of five beats.

House Fale has begun some strange project on the Silt Sea.  Furtive whispers name this project "Trick my Skimmer".   Unfortunately, no additional information can be confirmed, leaving some to wonder why House Fale needs prostitutes on skimmers, or if they are just bored and turning the House interior decorators loose on the silt.   

Only time will tell the true horror.

The reason the imbue totem spell is illegal in allanak is because it can be used to remove a gem.

Dwarves were created as a slave race and the reason their language is so similar to tatlum is because it is naturally descended from the tatlum spoken by their creators (the ancient council of kings and evangions).

Nessalin does not refer to a human being. Nessalin is the persona/title of the leader of the ArmageddonMUD project similar to how Red Fangs leadership worked. When a Nessalin wants to retire a new one is chosen to take their place. The current Nessalin is Mansa.

There is a new reach for magic in game now.   This "psionic" reach makes spells cost focus instead of mana, but also means that any spell so cast can be defeated by a barrier or other psi defenses.    Starting sometime soon, new mages will begin with only this reach and have to be taught the others.   Gemmed allanaki mages will be able to learn from npcs.

If you watch the mekillots on the grassy salt, sometimes you can see them enter a crafting session.   They have discovered the rudiments of poisoned weapons from watching the gith, and the rudiments of armormaking from tearing apart many dead bynners.

When they come for us next, it will be an entirely different fight.

The language spoken by the mul child in the gigantic crowded market skellebaine room hallucination is tatlum. Every skellebaine room is, was, or will become real. If you can speak tatlum and wish up upon seeing the crowded market skellebaine room hallucination staff are legally required to tell you what the mul child is screaming.

Halasters clan is the Silt Vikings. They live on a large island in the silt sea. Every time their population grows too large to maintain on their island they go raiding. Arrrrrrrgh

Quote from: Dar on December 28, 2021, 12:16:34 PM
Halasters clan is the Silt Vikings. They live on a large island in the silt sea. Every time their population grows too large to maintain on their island they go raiding. Arrrrrrrgh
They live on a massive enterable silt skimmer that has 5 separate rooms + a room with a tame silt horror.

They have two gigantic silt horrors for propulsion and a cadre of baby ones that excrete a substance that would turn into spice eventually. But if consumed early, is actually a very energy rich edible nourishment. 

The ancient Tatlum name of the Gol Krathu is has the literal meaning "protected from fire" but was understood to mean "protected from the sun"

The magick system in armageddon takes heavy inspiration from the magick system in Dungeon Master 2, so much so that even the power level part of constructing the true name of a magick spell has "mon" as the greatest power level.

Quote from: Lotion on February 02, 2022, 08:31:18 PM
The magick system in armageddon takes heavy inspiration from the magick system in Dungeon Master 2, so much so that even the power level part of constructing the true name of a magick spell has "mon" as the greatest power level.

That's not a lie.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on February 02, 2022, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: Lotion on February 02, 2022, 08:31:18 PM

That's not a lie.
A lot of things I've posted here are probably true, but also are mostly pure speculation.

February 08, 2022, 08:12:24 PM #117 Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 08:14:29 PM by Fredd
There is a room for large creatures stomachs. If you end up in one, just go down to leave.

Sandworms used to be tamable. But staff removed this because they got tired of being asked to ride peoples worms.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on February 08, 2022, 08:12:24 PM
There is a room for large creatures stomachs. If you end up in one, just go down to leave.

Sandworms used to be tamable. But staff removed this because they got tired of being asked to ride peoples worms.

You and I both know enterable worms do in fact have enterable stomachs!

Quote from: Hauwke on February 08, 2022, 10:02:07 PM
Quote from: Fredd on February 08, 2022, 08:12:24 PM

You and I both know enterable worms do in fact have enterable stomachs!

LOL! That was the truth part of the lie. We both know what part of that is not a good idea. LOL
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Brokkr's secret role is a play test of a new race.   This doppelganger race will be a 3 karma specapp, able to set their sdesc and ldesc at will to blend traceless into society.  They will have some natural advanced psionics, but will be unable to be spellcasters of any kind.

The new spells being added into game over the last few weeks have a special switch so that they will never be branched if your pc is wearing a gem.   Fortune favors the bold.

Chalton have evolved to produce offspring even after death.  That's how the herds can renew themselves even when the wastes are filled to the brim with dead chalton bodies.

March 08, 2022, 09:35:42 PM #123 Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 10:45:09 PM by Halcyon
The soon to be re-released kenku race are unusual spellcasters.  Each only knows one magick word, and can submit its word to a spell cast by a chorus of five in total.   This means that the caste of the kenku is determined at birth, with those born without a word growing larger, but dull and massively strong. 

It is said this lowest of caste has the potential to rise to be the greatest heroes of the kenku, called Rocs and feared the Known over.

March 08, 2022, 09:46:17 PM #124 Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:53:26 PM by Halcyon
The great Kuraci wagonyards at Luirs Outpost are rumored to be undertaking experiments in new ways of propelling light argosies.   Coordinated teams of elves are being placed in waist shackles, with guidelines to piercings in their ears for fine steering options.   

The main problem seems to be the frequency that a half-giant drover has to shake the elves for loose change and other pilfered objects.