Idea: Distinguish bloodied gear with "dried" and "fresh" blood

Started by Iiyola, April 04, 2021, 06:33:30 PM

Why?

Because dried blood is brown, fresh blood is red.

Fresh blood would turn to dried blood in half a day or so. It may provide RP opportunities in case of a murder, hunting, etc.

Needless to say, NPC's would NOT be triggered by fresh blood.

Thoughts?
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

1) love it love it love it
2) ...There are NPCs that are triggered by blood?
3) Terrible addition: cleaning fresh blood with soap prevents stains; cleaning dried blood with soap doesn't.
<Maso> I thought you were like...a real sweet lady.

While we're at it, make insect blood look different from mammal/humanoid/bird blood.

Quote from: Brytta Léofa on April 04, 2021, 07:14:55 PM
1) love it love it love it
2) ...There are NPCs that are triggered by blood?
1: :D
2: Lol no, but in case someone opts that soldiers would react to it...
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

For some reason, my mind went straight to Pitch Black.

::) :o 8)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I support this wholeheartedly. And yes ... I would love seeing things happen now and then to fresh-blooders. Swarms of kankflies, some lizard risking alick as you sleep, packs of predators hunting based on fresh-blood scent .... yeah. Love it.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I don't really like this because it would only really work if done well, and I don't think it can be done well without lots of code.

There are too many questions that would need resolving that would essentially make it its whole own coding thing. For example:

You get stabbed with a spear, this creates some fresh blood, how much blood is there? Does it spread? Did I apply pressure to stop the bleeding? Did I bandage it? Does bandaging a fresh-blood wound stop it from bleeding?

What if I get bit, the wound bled but doesn't spread, in fact its pretty small, but there IS still fresh blood on my sleeve. A small amount of fresh blood. Does this show up to other people?

I skinned a bahamet, i'm covered in blood AND guts - this should have a variety of coded things like blood, smelly, etc. But is their blood the same color?

I smash someone's brains in and get splattered in blood. This would be a much different blood effect than if someone had stabbed ME, or if I had blood on my gloves from skinning, etc.

I don't see how it could be implemented, so I'd rather not see it just take current existing blood code and add a timer to it. Or other nuisances. Like "oh I cut in sparring a few days ago now I'm covered in flies" thats not how it would really work either.

Feel free to use tdesc as you desire.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.